"You seem to manage fine when you're spending hours on the phone with Logan"

It's the next day now and I'm currently rummaging around the house in search for my laptop which my Mum has hidden very well. What's the point in having this 'chat' if I can find my laptop before it?

I'm struggling though. I've searched every cupboard in the kitchen (even the fridge), I've looked behind and under all the sofas, in every drawer in the house, the whole bathroom, and I even searched my room in case she's playing some sick game with me.

The last room I'm going to check is her room which she's currently asleep in.

I know right, I'm awake before my Mum?! Shock... To be completely honest, I set an alarm before I went to sleep just so I can go on this mad hunt, but you know what they say, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I slowly pull down her door handle and push the door open slightly so no light beams through her room. I slip through and close the door behind me, before I quietly creep into her room and start to search the first drawer beside me; her underwear drawer.

Brilliant.

"Your laptop's not in here" she scares me by saying. I slam the drawer shut and jump back slightly in shock. Peering over the bed, I realise that she is in fact awake, and just staring at me with a frown.

I scoff, "I'm not looking for that old thing"

"Mhm, sure" she rolls her eyes, jumping out of bed and walking out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I frown, running after her.

"Come on" she simply says, jogging down the stairs and opening the door to the garage that's connected to our house. She tip toes into it and pulls open one of the cupboards to reveal my laptop.

"Oh" I huff. I searched every possible place in the house, even places I didn't know existed, and it was in here all along? I really need to up my game.

On the plus side, I found my old diary, a DS, a Tamagotchi and a guitar on my hunt around the house.

"I'm slightly disappointed actually. I thought you were clever enough to know I'd put it in here" she shrugs, handing me the laptop.

"That's it? You're just giving it me?" I frown in confusion, holding the laptop close to me so she doesn't snatch it out of my hands.

"All you had to do was ask" she smiles sarcastically, leaving the garage.

"So that's it then?" I continue to ask, following her to the kitchen like a lost sheep, where she begins to make herself a cup of tea. "You don't even want this chat then?"

I don't like this confusing mood she's in.

"Well I was doing some thinking last night-"

"Don't strain yourself" I smirk. She chuckles slightly and swats my arm.

"I'm not going to force you to talk to me if you don't want to. I mean, if you don't it just means that you're going to be holding this grudge against me, and it means that we're going to keep arguing and I'm going to keep grounding you, etcetera, etcetera" she explains and I frown in confusion.

"Not really" I shrug, unable to think of anything else.

"If you want to keep living like this just because you don't want to talk then fine"

"Hang on a minute" I sigh. Well played... "I guess we could talk a little"

"Thought so" she smiles. "Come on then"

I roll my eyes and follow her into the living room, sitting on the sofa with her.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask.

"Your expulsion" she starts.

I groan, "Mum, I didn't even get expelled"

"That's not the point, Megan! If you slip up one more time, you're expelled. I pay a lot of money for you to have a good education and I feel like you're just throwing it in my face. And for what?"

"I was having a bad week and then Mrs Reid just pushed it. And then I had that massive argument with Logan I was telling you about and I felt like I needed to see you!" I admit. "That's why I left school. It was either that or I'd climb onto the school roof and jump"

"Megan!" she gasps.

"What? I was having a bad week!" I hold my hands up in surrender.

"Not the point. Don't joke about suicide"

"Who said I was joking?" I shrug and she just shakes her head disapprovingly.

"Serious though, Megan. You need to book your ideas up because if you get expelled, you won't be getting your phone or laptop back until you graduate Uni. Do you understand?" she frowns and I just sigh and nod. "Look, I get it. Mrs Reid is an absolute you-know-what, but you have like five months of school left. Can you not just pull yourself together for five months?"

"I guess I could give it a go" I roll my eyes, trying to keep this conversation light.

"Damn right you will" she nods.

"Anything else or is that it?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Nope. Let's talk about David"

"Mum please, one thing at a time. My brain's in overload" I exaggerate, holding my head in agony. Hopefully she'll leave this conversation for next week. Or next month... or next year.

"Yeah, you seem to manage fine when you're spending hours on the phone at midnight with Logan" she raises an eyebrow at me.

My face lights up at the mention of this and I giggle slightly. Oh my god, giggle?! Since when have I giggled?

"Oh god, you so fancy him" she groans, holding her head in her hands.

"I thought we were talking about David!" I say, desperately trying to change the subject.

"Oh wow, you actually want to talk about him now!" she rolls her head back in laughter.

This is embarrassing. I think I'm even blushing. Wow, Logan's not even here and he's making me blush. How does he do that? I can barely even stand the boy.

Who am I kidding?

"Mum, I will leave" I huff.

"Okay, sorry. Let's talk" she chuckles. "I'm rescheduling David's visit for next Saturday. Bugger it up and I swear to God-"

"I won't" I interrupt her threat before I have to ring ChildLine.

"Great" she smiles. "Now I've spoken about all I need to get off my chest. Is there anything you want to talk about?"

I'm about to kindly decline her offer until she starts coughing.

"Logan" she says mid-cough.

"Oh my god" I groan, glowing red again. Why am I blushing about the idiot?!

"Aw, you're blushing! You so fancy him" she smirks.

"You say that all the time" I sigh, face-palming.

"Only because you blush every time I say it" she chuckles.

"Anyway" I say, trying desperately to change the topic of conversation. "Next Saturday?"

"Yep" she nods, watching me as I go to stand up. "You should invite Logan over too. We could double date"

"I need to catch up on my YouTube subscriptions" I tell her seriously.

"You know, when I was your age-"

"Mum, don't start. We're not in the stone ages anymore" I tease, standing up to leave the room.

"You don't want to go shopping then?" she asks, making me halt to a stop.

"I guess my subscriptions could wait one more day"

"Go and get ready" she chuckles and I literally run upstairs to get changed.

My mood's absolutely flying right now. I'm friends with my Mum again, Logan and I have made up, I have my phone and my laptop back, and I'm about to go shopping.

My Mum is the best... Change my mind.