"You wouldn't care if I took my top off right now?"

Friday's finally rolled around and I'm not gonna even hide the fact that I'm excited. I have been since Logan mentioned it. I don't even know why.

I've never been invited to anybody's house before. Well, obviously I had my primary school friends but since I started that prison they call a school, I've actually never been invited to anyone's house. I never thought it would be Logan Brooks that would be the first.

"You've been excited for this all week and you're going dressed like that?" Mum raises an eyebrow at me. I look down at my plain black dress and denim jacket. I look ridiculous...

"Mum, I can't decide" I groan, my hands flopping to my side in despair. My room's an absolute tip from deciding on an outfit.

"You need to look sophisticated. Have you seen his house?" she scoffs, routing through my wardrobe.

"I'm only going round for tea, not a job interview" I frown, sitting on my bed as I watch her destroy my room some more. "Besides, Logan will take the mick if I dress up"

"Aw, relationship goals" she smirks.

"Don't go there, Mum" I cringe, making her laugh.

"You're due another shopping trip. You barely have anything in here" she mutters, pulling piles after piles of clothes out of my wardrobe.

"Mum, we went last week" I frown in confusion. "You have a shopping problem"

"There could be worse problems" she shrugs. Fair enough. "I get that you want to be yourself and everything but at least wear a skirt or something. You can't go in jeans"

"Right, okay then. A skirt. But it can't be too dressy, I'm only going to their house" I tell her, picking frantically at my nails.

Logan: I hope you're nearly ready. I'm about to set off

The dreaded text comes through.

"Mum, he's on his way" I gasp.

"You've done your make-up and everything right?" she asks, not taking her eyes off all my clothes.

"Yep" I nod.

"Right well we have five minutes or so to sort out your outfit"

Megan: Yeah, I'm ready. Sat here waiting for you actually

Why am I like this?

Logan: We'll see how true that really is in ten minutes

He knows me too well.

"Right Mum, no skirt. We're doing jeans" I decide, sitting in front of the wardrobe with her.

"What?"

"Well he's only going to be wearing jeans so I don't want to get dressed up. I need to look casual. Like I've made an effort but not purposely" I explain too quickly.

"Megan, I don't know" she groans, dropping her hands to her sides whilst I lean over and pull out a pair of jeans. I guess they could work... "No, hell no. You're embarrassing me if you're going to their house in those"

"You're thinking too into it! Just pull something out" I ramble. She closes her eyes and pulls something out of the huge pile.

A cropped jumper. Okay, that could work.

"Now you pick some bottoms and we'll pray they work" Mum sighs.

I hold my breath and squeeze my eyes shut before pulling out a random piece of clothing from the 'bottoms' jumbled pile on the floor.