"You should consider closing your mouth before I bust it shut for you"

"I'm home" I call to whoever's here, dropping my bag on the floor and kicking off my shoes.

"Kitchen" Mum calls back to me. I shake off my blazer and leave it on top of my bag before strolling into the kitchen to see my Mum. "Sorry I couldn't pick you up, love. I've only just got in myself, work kept me behind"

"Oh right, it's no problem" I shrug, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. "How's your day been?"

"Crap. Monday's are the worst. How about you?" she sighs, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Yeah, the same really" I roll my eyes, slumping down on the bar stool next to my Mum.

"I was thinking of going to town later. We could go out for a meal for a change" she suggests making my eyes light up in excitement. We haven't done this in ages.

"Hell yeah" I gasp.

"We'll go in half an hour so go and get ready" she chuckles.

We only get back from our little fun-filled day at 11:30pm. We went shopping until the stores closed and stayed in the restaurant for two hours, before spontaneously deciding that we wanted to watch Magic Mike in cinema. That was an offer I definitely couldn't refuse.

I absolutely love days like this with my Mum. We do them every couple of months and they never fail to make me smile. She usually decides to take me out when we're both bored or having a bad day. She once randomly took me ice skating because she dropped my phone in the sink and wanted to make it up to me. We also went to the phone shop to get it fixed that same day.

You could say I'm pretty spoilt but the only people in this house are me and my Mum and she says she loves treating me to stuff. I'm not one of those stubborn kids that go in strops when they don't get what they want. I appreciate everything I have and respect my Mum loads, knowing she's brought me up on her own and is always happy to take me on spontaneous trips out, treating me to random stuff I don't even need.

I mean, although I hate it, she sent me to this private school to give me the best education so I can be as successful as possible. She works her ass off to pay for it as well so if that's not something to appreciate then I really don't know what is.

"Thank you so much for today" I smile widely as we step through the front door.

"No worries. I love it when we do stuff like this" she shrugs, dropping her bags of clothes on the floor. "We'll unpack all this tomorrow. Come and watch TV for a bit"

"Mum, I have school tomorrow" I sigh. I want nothing more than to sit down and watch a bit of Coronation Street or something but I have school tomorrow and after the busy day I've had, I should really be settling down now.

"Oh come on, you work too hard at that school. One night won't do you no harm" she says, kicking off her heels and walking into the lounge. I follow after her with a huge grin on my face.

"If I'm tired tomorrow, I expect a day off" I smirk.

"Hey, that's where I draw the line. No skiving" she shakes her head.

It was worth a try.

"What are we watching then?" I say, lying down on the opposite sofa.

"Kardashians?"

"Yeah" I smile widely at my Mum, making her laugh.

"You've not mentioned that boy in a while. Logan, was it?" she frowns, screwing the lid off a bottle of wine and pouring herself a glass.

"We haven't spoken since then" I shrug.

"Aw" she pouts.

I chuckle, "I'm not bothered, we weren't exactly mates"