"Logan would be the first to string him up to a tree if anything bad did happen"

Megan's POV

Crying myself to sleep is something I thought only happened in those depressing movies. Guess not.

I cried over Logan all night. I'm just glad it was a freaking Saturday. I would've been put in isolation for falling to sleep in class again if it was a school night.

It's 11:30am and I've only just woken up. I feel dead. The argument with Logan has literally finished me off.

I've heard on Twitter that if you think of happy thoughts in the morning, you're bound to have a good day. So as I lumber down the stairs to make myself a cup of tea, I decide to think of positive things;

Sun.

Flowers.

Animals.

Chocolate.

I decide to block out my own thoughts when I realise that repeating all these words in my head isn't doing anything but giving me a migraine.

I put the kettle on and wait impatiently for it to boil. There's nothing a good cup of tea can't solve.

"You look awful" Mum states, walking into the kitchen and sitting on a bar stool.

"Aw, thanks Mum" I smile sarcastically.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"There's nothing to talk about" I shrug, pouring the boiled water into my mug.

I'm even angry at the kettle this morning for not boiling fast enough. I tell my Mum time and time again that the kettle is on its last legs and it needs replacing. We need one of those instant hot water taps but Mum says she doesn't trust me with one.

"I heard you talking last night" she says. I just continue to make my tea. "I was going to come in when he left but I thought you might just want to be alone"

I turn to her and smile slightly before turning back to my mug.

Will talking to Mum actually make things better? Probably not but I guess it would be nice to get it off my chest. Things between Logan and I are over now so I need to move on. I can't keep holding on to the small idea that we might be friends again. He's made it clear he doesn't want to be my friend.

"Come on, Megan. You can talk to me"

I nod, taking in a deep breath to hold back my tears.

"Let's go in the living room, yeah?" she suggests. I nod and follow her into the room, placing my mug on the table in front of me, and sitting back on the sofa with Mum.

"I don't think Logan and I are friends anymore" I start the conversation after a moment's silence. "For good"

"What happened?" she frowns in confusion. "It can't be that bad"

"You heard our argument last night. And we're both as stubborn as each other so I don't see us making up any time soon" I huff.

"I don't really understand why you've fallen out though"

After spelling it all out to Mum, she finally understands what the whole commotion was about last night.

"How do you know that he wasn't actually trying to help you?" she frowns.

"It's not that he wasn't trying to help me. It's how he went about doing it" I frown. "He wants me to like him which is why he took me out. He wanted me to realise I like him more than Reece, only to want to be 'just friends' anyway"

"Yeah but what he said about Reece being horrible; maybe he's just trying to protect you from him"

"I don't know" I sigh, shaking my head.