"I'd love to stay and chat but I'm watching paint dry"

Logan's at my house today seeing as I went to his last week and I want him to meet my Mum again. Besides, I barely see him around school and I hate to say it but I've kind of missed him.

We had our first phone call this week which he wasn't too pleased about. My Mum went to sleep as soon as she came back from work on Wednesday so I took the opportunity to call Logan. He was surprised at first but it didn't take much convincing to get him to stay on the phone for another 2 hours and 48 minutes. The only reason we ended the call was because I needed to have a shower and do my hair and stuff for the next day.

It's currently 9:30pm and we're just lead on my bed talking about literally everything.

"What do your parents actually do then?" I ask when he mentions his parents always being caught up with work.

"My Mum's an accountant and my Dad's a lawyer" he says and I gasp. No wonder their house is so freaking big. "Hey, maybe my Mum can get you a job at her place"

"Yeah, maybe" I chuckle.

"What does your Mum do?" he asks.

"She's an estate manager"

"Oh cool" he nods.

"What do you want to do when you leave college?"

"I'm not sure. I can't decide if I want to go to Uni yet. I have no idea what I want to do with my life" he huffs.

"Well what do you enjoy doing?"

"I like stuff to do with cars" he shrugs.

"You should apply for Formula one" I tell him seriously but he just laughs.

"No, I kind of like the idea of being an electrical engineer. But I want to do something more powerful, like my Dad"

"What's an electrical engineer?" I frown in confusion.

"They basically design and develop electrical equipment"

"Sounds fun" I say out of politeness and he chuckles.

"Hey, I didn't judge you when you said you wanted to be a teacher or an accountant" he smirks, making me laugh. "I'd like to be an architect too but I don't know if it would bore me after a while"

"Well you said you wanted to do something powerful so what jobs are powerful?"

"Do you know what a broker is?" he asks me and I shake my head. "They buy and sell stuff for clients. That's the basics anyway"

"Why did you bring it up?" I laugh.

"It's like the wealthiest job you can have if you're good at it. I'd love to just do as good as my Dad"

"How come?" I frown.

"He's just dead snobby about his work. It'd be nice to show him I can top that. I think he expects less from me because I'm always in trouble at school"

I turn on my side to face him, "You look like a scientist"

"What?!" he snaps his head to the side to face me.

I start laughing, "You do! You'd look good with some safety specs and a lab coat"

"So because I'd suit a freaking lab coat I should go and work for NASA?" he raises his eyebrows, making me roll over in laughter.

"Okay, I'm guessing you don't like science" I chuckle.

"You're not kidding. Although you have to be good at physics to be an electrical engineer"

"You're screwed then" I smirk and he swats my arm. "I have an idea" I giggle.

"Oh god, go on" he sighs.