8. Take A Break

Hey guys! I figured that with all of the angst I've been throwing at yall lately, yall deserved some fluff. So, here you are! Enjoy!
========================

Washington's POV

George yawned, slipping out of bed and down the hall to wake Alex up for school. He opened the door softly, intending to shake him awake but froze at the sight in front of him.

There was John, laying in the bed cuddling Alex, both of them sound asleep. John was laying behind Alex, with his arm slung over the smaller boy's side. Alex was smiling softly.

A goofy grin broke out on George's face and he raced off down the hall to wake up his wife. "Martha, come on! You've got to see this!" She turned over groggily and slapped her husband's hand away.

"Later, George," she yawned.

"The boys are cuddling, Martha!" he beamed. Martha gasped and jumped up, grabbing her phone and ran out of the room like a woman on a mission. George followed her out and they stopped at Alex's room, smiling widely.

Martha snapped a few pictures and sent them to her husband. "I think I'm going to call into work," said George, "We could all take the day off. Maybe go and do something uptown."

"I think that's a great idea," Martha agreed. They walked out of the room, leaving John and Alex to sleep in.

——————timeskip———————

Around noon, Alex and John finally stepped out of the room and into the kitchen where George sat, drinking a cup of coffee. "Good morning, gays!" he smiled. They looked at him for a moment, confusedly.

"You mean 'guys'?" John laughed nervously.

"I know what I said," George smirked, casually taking a sip of his coffee. Both boys blushed nervously, though neither boy denied it. "What do yall say we go to the carnival today?"

We're not going to school? Alex asked.

"Nope. We're taking the day off," George said.

"Then of course!" John smiled, looking to George with a hopeful look. Alex nodded in agreement and they all went to get dressed.

———————

Johns POV

When they finally got to the park, Mr. Washington let go off on their own. Immediately, John grabbed Alex by the hand and pulled him off towards the Ferris Wheel. As soon as they got in line Alex turned to John.

Why the Ferris Wheel? he asked.

"I like the view," John blushed causing Alex to shake his head at him amusedly.

"Y'all are a cute couple!" smiled the worker was working the ride. She had curly brown hair and was wearing a red carnival shirt, marking her as a part of the staff.

"Oh," John stammered, "Were not a couple." Both boys were blushing madly and avoiding looking at each other. The girl gave him a doubtful look and then ushered them into one of the compartments.

They sat in silence until they got to the top of the ride. You were right, Alex signed, staring down at the buildings below them. The view is beautiful.

From the top of the Ferris Wheel, they could see many buildings below them. There was a park next to the carnival, buzzing with people. Kids were running around and playing games while their parents sat near the flowers and talked.

It really was beautiful. John looked away from the view to look at Alex. He looked so relaxed and content, staring down at the town. John wished he could be that happy at all times.

Alex turned around and blushed, catching John looking at him. By the time they stepped off of the ride, they were both blushing madly.

"Not a couple my ass!" Laughed the girl from before, making them both blush even worse.

Pretty soon Alex had dragged John off to the biggest ride, The Zipper. (I'm not even going to attempt to describe it, but it looks like this:)

 (I'm not even going to attempt to describe it, but it looks like this:)

Just the sight of it made John's stomach churn. Alex just smiled and pulled him into the line, which was moving far too quickly for John.

Eventually, they were strapped in and waiting for the ride to start. All of a sudden they were spinning and falling and moving crazy fast.

John screamed and grabbed Alex's hand in fear. Alex just smiled and leaned back, clearly enjoying the ride. John didn't understand how that was possible.

After what seemed like an hour to John, the ride finally slowed to a stop. He let out a large breath that he was holding. Alex looked at him in amusement, while John was still marveling at the fact that Alex actually enjoyed that.

Let's go get a snack, Alex suggested, pointing towards a near cotton candy stand.

"Cotton candy!" cheered John, racing over and ordering some. A minute later he went back to Alex holding a large blue stick of cotton candy.

Alex smiled and went to take some but John held it back. "Uh-uh! I almost died on that evil ride you dragged me on!" he joked, "I think I should enjoy this delicious cotton candy by myself."

Oh, come on, Alex signed, can I please have some?

"Nope!" laughed John popping the 'p'. Alex ignored him and reached for it, but John held it up above his head where he couldn't reach. Alex tried jumping for it but ended up giving up when John laughed at him and glaring at him with his arms crossed.

At this point, their faces were really close. Really close. Alex was only a few inches away, staring at him with his brown eyes. John found it adorable.

"You're cute when your angry," breathed John, without thinking. Alex and he both blushed bright red, and John handed him the cotton candy. "Here, have some." Alex gave him a smug look and started eating it happily.

From a small distance away Mr. Washington snapped a picture.

——————timeskip——————

"I'm telling you, Martha, they were this close to kissing," George gushed, holding out his fingers close together as an example.

"Honey," she yawned, "I think they're adorable too, but it's one in the morning. Please, go to sleep."

=========================
4/8/2020

Oh my goodness, I let my brother give me a haircut today and I'm honestly pleased with the results. Anyways, here's y'alls reward chappie! Hope y'all enjoyed!

QOTD: If Washington was to write a song about Lams, what would the lyrics be?

Thanks for reading!-SunkissedChild5