13. Guns and Chips

Hey guys! So I got some really awesome ideas from y'all but then I got to thinking. What would I want someone to do for me? I warn you now, John is adorable. Enjoy!
=========================

Alex's POV

That weekend, Alex woke up and for the first time in a month, John wasn't there. He sat in bed for a moment, just in case John was in the bathroom, but after a bit he stood up to go look for him.

Alex was slightly worried due to the fact that John was usually always there when he woke up. Alex checked the bathroom, but he wasn't there. He stepped into the kitchen, hoping that John was just cooking, but he wasn't there.

However, there was an open computer sitting on the counter with a sticky note on it saying 'Press play!'. Alex nervously pressed play and smiled as John's face popped up on the screen, waving at Alex.

"Good morning Lex! The Washingtons went out of town today and they won't be back until around midnight so... I may or may not have set something up a date of sorts in the backyard, however, you can't go out there yet! Before you go outside you need to put on the white shirt on the sofa and a pair of shorts that you don't mind getting ruined. Now, hurry!"

The video ended and Alex smiled goofily, rushing into the living room to find the shirt. Sure enough, the was a plain white shirt sitting on the sofa for him. He brought it back to his room and threw it on along with an old pair of shorts.

After quickly freshening up in the bathroom, he rushed outside to see John and froze at the odd sight he found. There were white sheets covering the fence all the way around, held in place by duck tape.

Alex was looking around confusedly when he felt it. He'd been shot. With paint. There was now a small splatter of purple paint on his white shirt. Alex looked up to see John standing across the yard, holding a water gun full of paint and smirking at him.

Alex smiled and looked around the yard, spotting a water gun lay in on the floor a few feet away. He raced over and grabbed it, immediately pointing at John. John now had a bright green splatter of paint on his white shirt.

"Last one with white left on their shirt wins!" John shouted, before racing to the fence farthest away from Alex and setting down his gun in favor of another. Alex looked back at his fence and saw that there were many more guns laying there, each one with a different color.

He ran over and grabbed the blue, aiming at his smiling boyfriend across the lawn. John did the same. Eventually, a war had broken out in the background, leaving both boys with an array of colors on their shirts.

In the end, both John and Alex were left with only a small patch of white and were doing their best to guard it. They were dashing around the yard, aiming at each other and dodging each shot that came their way.

Then John heard a noise coming from behind the fence and turned around, giving Alex the perfect opportunity to hit the small patch of white on the back of his shirt.

John felt the paint hit his back and he fell to the ground dramatically, forgetting about the noise he'd heard. "I've been shot!" he gasped, clutching at his heart, causing Alex to giggle softly.

Alex rushed over, sitting in the grass and laying John's head in his lap, playing along. He leaned down and pressed his lips to Johns softly, smiling into the kiss as he felt John tangle his hands in his hair.

From outside the fence Herc, Laff, and Peggy each snapped a picture.

Eventually, they pulled apart, both smiling goofily. "C'mon!" John beamed, ushering Alex inside. "Its time to watch a movie!"

We might want to shower and change first, Alex suggested, pointing at the paint dripping off of them.

"Oh, yeah," John sighed, "I didn't think of that."

Alex took the first shower, giving John the time to go and hang their rainbow colored shirts up in the backyard to dry and to take the sheets off of the fence.

Once they were both paint free and in clean clothes, John started to pull the kitchen chairs into the living room. Alex caught on quickly, grabbing pillows and blankets from the couch and adding to it until they had a massive fort in the middle of the living room.

Alex grabbed a bowl from the kitchen and filled it with Doritos while John turned on the tv. What are we watching? Alex asked, laying down under the fort with John.

"The Lion King!" John smiled, cuddling the smaller boy against him.

The boys laid there cuddling and snacking for hours, Alex freaking out at every slightly scary part of the movie. They didn't have 'The Lion King' in Nevis. (They might... don't quote me)

Around the time of Mufasa's death, Alex simply decided to focus on the Doritos instead of the movie. John did the same and pretty soon they were talking about anything and everything.

"Is Peggy mad that she didn't get to give you the makeover?" John chuckled.

No, but apparently the crew is throwing us a 'Date Day' soon. She said that she'll give me the makeover then, Alex smiled. John nodded and pulled Alex closer to him, wrapping his arm around the smaller boys waist.

By the time the movie was over Alex had fallen asleep. John stepped out the fort, careful not to wake his boyfriend up, and stepped outside to check on the shirts. They were dry.

John took them inside and laid them on the counter, grabbing a bottle of white paint from the pantry. He stood over the shirts, not knowing exactly what he wanted to write. Then Peggy popped into his mind.

"Lams is official!" Peggy screamed to Maria over the phone, jumping around excitedly.

"Finally!" Maria exclaimed. They could almost see her dancing around happily.

He wrote 'LAMS' in big white letters across the front of both shirts, making sure to write the date that they got together just under it. He also took care to write 'I won!' in small black letters in the white patch of Alex's shirt. Then he set them out to dry once more.

——————

The next morning when the Washingtons woke up, they found John and Alex sitting at the kitchen table sipping coffee. Both boys were wearing colorful paint splattered shirts with 'LAMS' written on them in white.

=========================
4/15/2020

I actually really would love it if someone drew this for me. I would also really love to have a mans like John who could give me a first date like that. I know it's weird... but I'm weird so it's perfect.

QOTD: What type of unique dates have y'all been on?

Thanks for reading! -SunkissedChild5