☀︎ chapter 2 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Ever since that day, Tendou and Aiya have been playing with each other. Having the same interest in volleyball, they would bump the ball to each other. It was one day they were sitting down in Aiya's backyard, eating their chocolate ice cream provided by Mrs. Yoshida.

"Neh Tendou-kun," Tendou hummed in response. "Why do the kids call you 'monster'?" Aiya asked. It has been on her head ever since the encounter of Tendou. "What else, because of my name and my face," Satori answered feeling a bit of shame.

It was the main source of bullying. Tendou never brought the topic to anyone including his parents. He thought that it would a hindrance to having a son who is struggling with kids around his age.

"But I don't think so! You're handsome just the way you are." Aiya admitted and Satori's face flushed with embarrassment. "Y-you don't deserve a friend like me, you should be with the other kids."

"But that wouldn't change anything. If you pushed me away, I'll come back to you again to cheer you up and make you happy. 'No one deserves to be left behind', it's my motto." Aiya smiled brightly.

Erruptively, tears came out of Tendou's eyes. "A-ah Tendou-kun!" Aiya was panicking and tried to calm her friend down. "Aiya, what did you do?" Her mother asked, hearing what was going on and Aiya raised hands in defence. But after a few deep breaths, Tendou was able to calm down.

"Satori, you can call me Satori." He said out of the blue which brought a smile to Aiya. "Then you can call me Aiya or Ai-chan like my friends did back in Tokyo." "Aiya!" They both turned around and saw a toddler waddling towards them.

"Oh I forgot to introduce you Sa-kun, this is my younger brother Sora." Aiya opened her arms and with no hesitation, Sora walks into them. "Nee-chan!" He giggled. "How old are you?" Tendou asked. "Four!" Sora raised three of his fingers up.

"Sora, you're wrong. Here like this." Aiya was helping her younger brother with the proper fingers. "There you go!" She laughed and Tendou joined her. "How old are you Nii-chan?" Sora asked wit pure curiosity.

"I'm eleven years old." He answered. "That's the same age as Nee-chan!" "Sora, it's time for you to sleep now." Mrs. Yoshida called and Sora whined. "Do I have to? I wanna stay and play with Nee-chan and Nii-chan." 

"Sora, you need LOTS of sleep so you can grow up strong like Sa-kun!" That comment caught Tendou off guard but he agreed with Aiya. "Y-Your Nee-chan is right Sora, everyone needs sleep." "Okay... I'll be strong as Nii-chan!" Sora was picked up by Mrs. Yoshida and quietly thanked the two.

Aiya had thought of another topic for Tendou. "Since we're starting school soon, are you going to join the volleyball club?" "I don't think I would have the skills though...." "Then I'll be your personal coach! When you become my volleyball  player, the two of us won't be unstoppable." Aiya smiled brightly making Satori's heartbeat uncontrollably.

"Sure, let's promise then!" Raising both of their pinky fingers.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Ever since that promise, Aiya had been watching volleyball matches to analyze the players. She had been showing her self made charts to her parents and was impressed by how much information she can collect.

Which brought them to the thought it was her calling. So Mr.Yoshida knew a friend who was a volleyball player in their high school days and asked for his old coach's contact information. Gladly he did and called Coach Ukai, and he invited Aiya to Karasuno to observe.