☀︎ chapter 3 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Hello, class we have a new student today." The teacher Ms.Nakamura announced to the whole class. As the summer break ended, Aiya still had to finish her last year of elementary school. She hoped that she would end up in the same class as Tendou so she can skip the "interaction of making new friends in class" part.

Just as Ms. Nakamura said it, a conversation sparked between the classmates of class 6-1.

"I hope it's a cute girl." One boy spoke up.

"A girl would be nice since all of the boys here are disgusting." A girl made a face.

"But boys can be handsome." Another girl spoke up which made the rest of the girls agree on this comment.

"You may come in, Yoshida-chan." Just as Ms.Makamura said that Ayia opened the door and walked to the front of the podium. "Please introduce yourself."

"H-hello... my name is Aiya Yoshida..." Aiya stared at the floor to avoid her new classmate's stares. "Yoshida-chan here came from Tokyo so please make her feel welcome. Yoshida-chan, you can sit next to Tendou-kun."

The familiar name ringed in her ears as she looked up to the classroom. She saw her first friend there awkwardly waving back at her. Aiya walked over to the end of the class and took her seat next to Tendou, dropping her bag next to her.

"Glad that you're in my class Sa-Kun." Aiya softly smiled at Tendou. "Y-you too..." Tendou looked away with a hue of pink cheeks.

"Anyways, let's get class started shall we?"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

It was the start of lunch and everyone in the class huddled around the pair's desk.

"Neh Yoshida-chan, do you want to eat lunch with me?"

"Your dress really looks cute on you!"

"Is Tokyo different from Sendai?"

The classmates were bomb boarding questions on poor Aiya. Tendou noticed how uncomfortable she looked so he spoke up for the first time.

"Y-you guys should leave her alone." Tendou tried to back off the crowd. "Why should we listen to a monster like you?" A boy shot at Tendou. "The only monster is you so stop treating Sa-kun like that." Aiya stood up for her friend.

"Let's go and get our lunch Sa-kun." Grabbing Tendou's hand they went to the front of the classroom and picked up their trays. Leaving everyone behind dumbfounded.

"T-thank you Ai-chan... For standing up for me..." Satoshi looked down.

"That's what friends are for right?" Aiya smiled at her new friend.

Ever since the small statement Aiya made, their classmates never talked to them. Not only that but calling Aiya the "monster's bride" has been discouraging. Nevertheless, the pair never stopped playing with each other.

They were like two peas in a pod. Standing next to each other and not needing anyone else as if the whole world was against them. But as the school year progressed, the girls in their class had warmed up to Aiya, finding how her statements were true about Tendou. So they would invite the two for lunch and include them in group activities.

At that point, Tendou was opening himself more and to what he is now.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Don't come to our team Tendou, Monsters are not allowed on human teams!" One boy taunted as he walked over the volleyball court. It wasn't fair just because of his name and face. But when the teacher noticed it, he had no choice to put Tendou on somebody's team.

Before then, Aiya had noticed something about Tendou so she wanted it to be put in a test. So one day on the weekends, she tried it out.

"Sa-kun when I spike the ball, I want you to try to block it," Aiya said as she bounced the volleyball into her hands. Tendou who stood at the other side of the court was nervous. "But Ai-chan, what happens if I can't do it?"

"Don't worry, you'll be great! Okay, here we go!" Aiya threw the ball up in the air before she could spike it. And as an instinct, Tendou moved to the left and jumped to block it. "That was amazing Sa-kun! I can't believe you were able to block it." Aiya praised Tendou as she walked to the other side.

"It wasn't amazing...I just had a hunch the ball would be there..." Tendou fidged while adverting his eyes somewhere else. "Which is something I want you to know. Believe in yourself and your hunches, then you can be the best Middle Blocker!" That gave hope in Tendou's self.

"T-thank you Ai-chan, for believing me..." Aiya gave a hug to Tendou before the tears slipped out his eyes. "Anything for you Sa-kun."

Fast forward to now, when the boy spiked the ball, he was blocked by no other than Tendou. Oh, that face Tendou loved, his opponent looking desperate to defeat him but couldn't. Both sides of the court were quiet and couldn't believe the volleyball player in the class was defeated.

"What was that?"

The birth of the Guessing Monster.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・BONUS・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Girl Talk

Ever since Aiya has been attending school, the boys in her class were jealous that she continued to hang out with Tendou. So an idea came to their minds on how to get Aiya to hate Tendou.

"Oi Yoshida-chan," A boy named Haru Yamamoto tried to get Aiya's attention the whole class was looking at them. "Yes?" She looked up from her desk and saw Haru there. "Did you know Tendou has a girlfriend from Tokyo?" Haru puffed his chest proudly as he said it.

"And your point is?" Aiya peered, leaving the poor boy in front of her speechless. "S-so, um... YOU'RE STUPID!" Haru stammered before running out of the classroom being embarrassed. "H-Haru!" Some of the males were following behind.

"Ai-chan are you okay?" Tendou asked, and Aiya nodded in response. "Yeah, I'm fine, Sa-kun. After school, do you want to come over to my house and practice?" "Yeah, we'll have to tell my mom first before I go."

"For sure." Haru came back from God knows where and slammed his hands on Aiya's desk. "Yoshida-chan you're REALLY ugly!" "Well, I'm sorry to hear that knowing that you're at the bottom of the class." She smiled innocently, and Haru could feel an arrow pierce his heart.

"I-I'll get back to you for sure!" Haru stammered and ran away once AGAIN.

Just as the bell rang, the class transitioned to their next period gym and it was the girls' turn to change in the classroom. Some were questioning what happened earlier so they asked Aiya, thinking she had a clue.

"Do you think Haru has feelings for you?" Yuri, a girl from her class asked Aiya and she shrugged in response. "Boy's are confusing."

"That is so right! I can't stand it when they pulled my pigtails the other day." Ran another classmate, said as she recalled yesterday. "Who did it? I remembered you screamed and just as you were about to tell the teacher, someone ran away." Himari said and the girls were agreeing with her.

"I'm pretty sure it was Daisuke. I caught him staring at you. Maybe he likes you." Sakura said and sone girls were disgusted by the name. "Daisuke? No wonder he keeps pulling tricks on me!" Ran grumbled.

"In conclusion! Boys are disgusting and untrustworthy!" Yuri stated and everyone agreed with her except for Aiya.

"I can't wait to tell this to Sa-kun." She thought as she left the classroom changed.