☀︎ chapter 4 ☀︎

︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

It was the weekend and Aiya's family went to Tokyo to stay over at one of their relative's house. It has been a while for them to go to Tokyo ever since they had moved to Sendai. Nevertheless, the adults had planned for them to go during the summer.

Aiya would usually spend her weekends at home, help Karasuno and watch volleyball matches with Tendou. For Sora... just following what Aiya has been doing. But for today's case, it's was different.

Getting out of the car, she was welcomed by her cousin, Kotaro Bokuto who was smiling ear to ear at her. It just happened to be that her father's sister was Kotaru's mother and they had invited Aiya's family to stay for the weekend.

"HEY AIYA AND SORA!" Bokuto squeezing his cousin Aiya in a hug. "Hi, Kotaru..." She managed to say. "Kotaru nii-san!" Sora squealed."Kotaru, you can go play with Aiya in the backyard." Mrs. Bokuto said. Nodding fast, Bokuto grabbed Aiya's hand and dragged her to the backyard. The parents went inside the house to catch up with each other. Sora on the other was a bit young so he stayed with the parents.

"How's Sendai Aiya? Is the air nice? What about school?" Bokuto bomb boarded her with questions, without giving a chance to answer him. "Kotaru, you need to slow down."  Aiya sighed at her cousin's normal behaviour.

"Well to answer your questions, Sendai has been fun and yes the air is cleaner compared to Tokyo. School is okay," "How about friends? Did you make any?"  He asked again.

"I did as soon as I moved in and he's good at volleyball," Aiya answered. "OH VOLLEYBALL?! That sounds cool!" And Aiya took it as a sign he wants to learn the sport. "If you're interested, I can help you since I am-"

"COUNT ME IN!!" Bokuto cut her off. Aiya sighed again and walked inside of Bokuto's house looking for her parents, finding them in the living room drinking coffee. "Aiya what's wrong? Was Kotaru too loud for you again?" Mrs. Bokuto asked but you shook your head.

"Dad, can I have the car keys? I want to get the volleyball and play it with Kotaru." Aiya asked and Mr.Yoshida was happy to give his daughter the keys. Grabbing the keys from her father, Aiya went out of the house to grab the volleyball.

"Volleyball? I never knew your daughter was a volleyball player." Mr.Bokuto was surprised. "Ah she used to play with the neighbourhood kids but Aiya wants to be a volleyball coach. And I must say, she has the talent for it. Which also made Sora wanting to play volleyball." Mrs.Yoshida answered.

"But Kotaru doesn't play volleyball..." Mrs. Bokuto said and in the nick of time, Aiya returned the keys to her father. Aiya went back to Kotaru in the yard. "Kotaru, let's go over some forms first," Aiya said and Kotaru followed her words innocently.

"Really? I thought he plays volleyball." Mrs. Yoshida said but Kotaru's parents shook their heads. It was quiet between their parents. Hearing Aiya correcting Kotaru's receiving stance in the background, the parents' curiosity grew on them.

"Okay, I think you're good for receiving. So I'll serve the ball to you and all you have to do is hit it with your palm, okay?" Aiya asked and Kotaru responded. "Yup!"

Without a thought, the four adults got on their feet and made their way to the entrance of the yard. Their eyes were met with Aiya doing an overhand serve towards Kotaru. As Aiya's hand made an impact on the ball to Kotaru, he was able to receive it.

"There you go! You're a born natural!" Aiya praised her cousin. "HEY HEY HEY! LOOK AT ME BEING COOL!" Kotaru posed with the volleyball in one hand. Sora was amazed at Bokuto's skills. "Nee-chan! Can you teach me that too?" "Sora sorry but you're a bit young so when you turn 7, I'll help you."