☀︎ chapter 5 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

It was the second year of junior high for the two and Aiya has been working with Coach Ukai on Udai. He took Aiya's advice and had asked Coach Ukai and Aiya to help him. After many extra practices with the pair, Udai was able to win a mid-air battle.

"You're doing good Tenma-kun!" Aiya praised the Ace. "Really? Thanks, Aiya-chan." He ruffled her hair. "Here is today's progress." She handed him a progress chart and just as Aiya said, he was doing good.

Throughout the extra practices, Udai and Aiya had grown close. They were comfortable with each other and Udai was more open with Aiya too.

"I'm sure Karasuno will be at Nationals one day. If you guys did,  then I'll be there to cheer you guys on." "Oh ho~ Hearing that from you feels like they're going make it." Coach Ukai nudged her arm. "Come on, it wouldn't be like that." Udai laughed nervously.

"Alright, since you are getting better, I'll end the extra practices." Coach Ukai declared. "Wait but what happens if I get blocked again? Then all of the extra practices would go to waste!" Udai argued but Aiya intervened.

"Don't worry about it Tenma-kun, just remember what you went through okay?" Lightly patting him on the shoulders. "If Yoshida-chan said that, then you should trust her skills." Coach Ukai added on.

"Then I'll put my trust on you Aiya-chan." Udai smiled and Aiya nodded.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

The following day at school, Aiya opened her shoe locker and an envelope fell out of it. "What is this? A challenge letter?" She asked as she picked it up but noticed that it was a confession letter addressed to her.

"Whatcha got?" Tendou asked as he rested his head on hers. "I got a love confession." She answered as she opened the envelope reading its contents. A decent poem that was admiring Aiya's beauty.

"Woah I never thought you would be this popular Ai-chan~~" But in reality, Tendou was jealous that someone asked Aiya out. It was no surprise that she would be asked out since her beauty was out of this world.

However, it was the first to Aiya, getting a love confession letter from someone. She had wondered because of Tendou, the males were afraid to approach her but it didn't seem the case with the letter. Which was... interesting.

"Looks like I have to go to the garden's after school so I'm sorry that I can't walk home with you today." Apologizing in advance. "No worries, I'll be a bit upset and maybe throw a tantrum tomorrow at practice."

"You can't be that serious Sa-kun." Aiya chuckled at his behaviour. "Oh, I will." He said sarcastically. They walked together to their class and took their seats right before class started.

Throughout the day, Tendou couldn't help but be paranoid about the confession. "What happens if she accepts his confession? Oh boy, I wouldn't be happy about that. But then again, I don't have the balls to ask her out right now... What am I even doing?" He thought instead of paying attention to class.

So it came to him, that he would hide during the confession to see Aiya's answer. So after school, he hid behind the school building that was near the gardens. He witnessed the male arriving there and it happened to be one of the popular males in their grade. Later on, Aiya showed up and was a bit startled that he was behind the confession letter.

"Hello Yoshida-chan, I'm going to cut it to the point. I like you Yoshida-chan ever since the school festival so can you go out with me?" The male confessed but Aiya turned down the confession polity. "I'm sorry Nakamura-san, I already like someone. But thank you for taking the time to confess to me."