☀︎ chapter 19 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

After the training week at Nekoma, Aiya went home right away since the school was still occurring. But had told the coaches she will be back for the training camp during the summer. Taking another bullet train back to Miyagi, she arrived at her destination.

As it was already busy with people filing off of the train, she managed to get off without getting hurt. Stepping off of the train, she saw Tendou leaning against a pillar while looking at his phone. "Sa-kun!" Tendou looked up and was greeted by Aiya tackling him into a hug. "Woah there Ai-chan! I miss you too and all but you don't have to charge at me." He chuckled.

"I missed you." Is all she said and Tendou wrapped his arms around her, smiling tenderly. "I know, let's get lunch before we head back to the dorms. It'll be my treat~" Her ears perked up to the offer and she looked up. "That does sound nice, but I have to see Coach Washijo as soon as I come back."

"You can just tell him the train got delayed a bit, I just want to spend more time before you go back to work..." Pouting his lips a bit and Aiya gave in. "Okay, but we're making this quick." And Tendou's face lit up. "Okay~" He let go of the hug to grab her bags off of her hands.

"Wait, I can carry my bag," But Tendou insisted. "Now that wouldn't make me a good gentleman would it now?" Grabbing the other hand before they started to walk. "So how was it in Tokyo?" Tendou asked.

"Karasuno was there because Nekoma invited them to the Fukurodani Group." "Really now? Looks like they are stepping up their game." Being amazed by what had she just said. "Yeah looks like it. Come to think of it, the summer festival is coming up."

"You wanna go?" Tendou asked and Aiya nodded eagerly. "Man the summer festival brought me memories of the first time we went." She chuckled. "It was a scary experience for me." Not wanting to remember it. "But we managed to find each other- " "Well it was you..." He trailed off. "Fine, but we still had fun right?"

Tendou didn't answer as he turned his face the other way.

"Okay... Maybe it WASN'T fun after we got split up but hey, at least we got to see fireworks."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

The following weekend, Aiya decided to visit Coach Ukai. The team was doing some stamina exercise with Coach Washijo and so was told she could take the day off. After his retirement, Aiya had been keeping touches with her old mentor.

And before going to his home, she had contacted him if it was okay to see him. Coach Ukai was very much pleased to hear this and immediately gave her the green signal. It was a bit of a long ride to the countryside of Miyagi but she was able to make it.

Knocking on the front door of the Ukai's residence, she was first welcomed by Coach Ukai's wife. "Oh hello there, you must be Yoshida-chan." She smiled warmly at the high schooler. "Ah hello, Ukai-san." Bowing formally first to her. "No need of the formality. My husband is at the back waiting for you." Letting Aiya into the house.

"T-Thank you..." Taking off of her shoes first then picking them back up, she walked to the backyard. Along the way, she noticed how many photos were hanging on the walls, mainly volleyball teams. Then it caught her eyes, the photo that was taken 3 years ago.

"Ah, I see you're looking at the photos." Coach Ukai's wife caught Aiya off guard. "I didn't mean too-" "No worries, I'm sure it is nice to look at them right?" She softly chuckled and Aiya nodded. Continuing her way to the backyard, she saw Coach Ukai sitting on the porch with a volleyball next to him.