☀︎ chapter 31.5 ☀︎

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·BONUS· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

A Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, there lived a commoner named Aiya Yoshida who lived in the Karasuno kingdom. Born with the power of healing, she had been treated highly as a saint of Karasuno. Aiya had left her family behind around the age of 15 to start her training at the holy church. And it has been 4 years since that day making her 19.

There was her cousin, Bokuto from the Fukurodandai Kingdom who was raising owls as their familiars. The two visited each other a lot due to their family is close. Prince Kuroo and his best friend, Duke Kenma are from the Nekoma kingdom. It was heard that kingdom cohabited with their neighbours the cats.

The young prince from Aoba Josei, Prince Oikawa had sent her a lot of letters for her hand in marriage. What lies behind the reason was him wanting her power. But she only had loved her friend, a son of the Duke Tendou, Satori. So she had rejected the proposal. However, Tendou had mysteriously disappeared.

Now that Aiya was at the age of marriage, the counsel had encouraged her to get married. In hopes that her child can also have the same power as her. They did give her a few options, but none of them didn't seem woo Aiya. So they gave up and allowed her to marry anyone she chooses.

One day when she was taking her daily stroll in the forest, she came across a crimson-fur monster who was left alone injured badly. Multiple cuts were seen and the blood oozing out of the skin looked horrifying. The first thing that came to her mind was to help the poor creature. Mustering up her magical powers, she healed the injuries and took care of the monster.

But she never noticed how much power she was using. By the time she was done, Aiya had felt tired and nearly passed out but did. When the monster opened his eyes, it was met with Aiya sleeping on top of him. Assuming that she had used up all of her powers just to help the creature. Snuggling closer to her to keep her warm.

After a few hours when the sun started to set down, Aiya had woken up from her nap. She felt unexpectedly warm next to her. Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was red fur. Readjusting her position, she sat up to see the monster staring right back at her.

"Oh sorry for sleeping on top of you! The church must be worrying about where I have been." Aiya apologized to the monster. "Gar gar gar," Trying to assure her it was nothing. But it was the first time that he wasn't scaring the person in front of him.

"Gar," "Huh? Oh yes, I should get going. You are welcome. I hope I could talk to you again tomorrow." Bowing in front of the monster before she could quickly get back to the church. 

So for the few next days, Aiya had accompanied her new friend. Without telling a soul about the monster she healed. Sometimes she snuck out food for him too, since he couldn't hunt his own food as much.

One day when she was at the church cleaning up the hallways until the head priest approached her.

"Yoshida-san, how are you with your engagement picking?" He asked first. "It has been hard sir," Aiya sighed. "I'm sure you'll find someone. Is there anyone you have in mind?" "I do but he had left the country. It has been a few months ever since his departure but I haven't heard a word from him." 

"That is strange, but there must be some reasons he wouldn't respond." Assuring Aiya which helped her calm down a bit. "Come along now, there was a group of knights from Karasuno badly injured who needs your help." Aiya placed the broom against the wall and headed to the chapel with the head priest.

After the healing session, she snuck out to meet her friend. Once Aiya was at the spot, the monster had popped out of the bushes to greet her. "Hello, how have you been?" Aiya greeted and he made some happy sounds. Making her chuckle. 

"I have been curious about your name because I can't keep calling you 'monster' all the time." She laughed. "Do you have a name? If not, I can come up with one for you." She offered. Obviously the monster couldn't speak the human language but understands it. Picking up a nearby stick, he wrote it down on the dirt in front of them.

"Satori?" She asked and he nodded. "I think it suits you very well." Smiling towards him. "Gar gar!" Chirping happily. "How about I call you Sa-kun? You reminded me of my childhood friend before he left."

"Gar?" He asked. The sudden change of tone of her voice made him feel uncomfortable. So he had tried to live up the mood. "Oh, you want to hear about him?" Aiya asked and he nodded because he knew it was going to be about him.

"He was crying one day when I found him near a riverbank at the borders of Shiritorizawa and Karasuno. I first was shy to approach him but he never deserved to be lonely so I did. Let me just say it was funny how flustered he was but cute at the same time." Chuckling to her own story.

"He told me, the kids at his school were bullying him which was why he was crying. But I told him: 'Appearance didn't matter it's the inside that matters the most.'. And shortly we became friends, afterwards on lovers by secret. Because our countries were enemies, we only met at the riverbank. But a few months ago he had left, without a word..." Trailing off the last sentence.

It was true Tendou had left. But mainly it was an arranged marriage his family had set up before meeting Aiya. He never wanted to marry the girl because he loved Aiya. But it was not possible for a son of a duke like him to marry someone from the enemy country...

Unfortunately, the girl he was about to marry was a witch and had cursed him to become a monster. Because he never loved her. Tendou attempted to wander back to the Shiritorizawa kingdom after fighting against the witch but collapsed in Karasuno. So here he was, talking to his love in a monster form.

"You must have a good heart Satori. I am already at the age of getting married and yet, I don't want to get married. There was a prince from Aoba Josei who proposed to me but I rejected him. It is every girl's dream to get married to a prince but I don't know why I did that... Maybe it's because I still love Sa-kun..."

"Sorry for rambling on, I just miss him..." Trying to cover up the tears that were about to fall.

"But if by any chance you do see him, I hope you can tell him that I still love him." "Gar gar," The monster said as if he was agreeing with her words. "Thank you," Planting a kiss on the monster's lips, a sudden light omits from him. 

"Wait, what's happening?!" Backing away quickly before falling into a defensive stance. What seems to be a few minutes the monster had transformed into her missing lover. Standing in front of her, not in the form he was in previously, but as a human.

"You did it Ai-chan! You turned me back into human!" Aiya was suddenly picked up and spun around by Tendou. "Sa-kun?! It was you this whole time?!" She exclaimed. "Oh Ai-chan, how much I had missed you!" Without answering her question, he pulled her into a tight hug.

And the tears she had been hiding, finally came out. "I miss you too Sa-kun..." "I'm sorry for not contacting you Ai-chan... I was cured to be a monster until you broke the curse." And Aiya quickly pulled away from Tendou.

"Cursed? By who?" She asked. "Well long story short, it was by a witch. Never mind that, let's get you married before anyone one else bothers you with that question." Picking her up bridal style and started to head towards the holy church. "Wait what!?" Aiya questioned. 

"Come on, I'm not going to let you marry anyone else. Didn't you say that?" Tendou chuckled and Aiya's face became red. "I-I did... But don't get me started on Oikawa!" "Hai, hai~" He sang. 

Shortly after, they got married with the King's blessing. Karasuno and Shiritorizawa called a truce due to the newly wedded couple who lived at the borders of both kingdoms with their family, living happily ever after.

The end~