Chapter 2

Hermione Granger sat down in the library, silently crying.

Why did no one like her? She did what her mom said to do, she tried to help them, but they were all annoyed at her, especially that Ronald Weasley.

The young girl started reading from her textbook, tears slowly started to fall on the paper, causing her to wipe her face again.

"Are you alright?" Someone asked.

Hermione raised her head to see Draco Malfoy standing above her with a worried look on her face. She scowled, why did he care, he had stood by while Ron had told her off, so why would he care now.

"Why would you care?"

He actually looked surprised.

"Because you're crying and, I'm a nice person?" He tilted his head to the left a bit.

"Nice? You stood there while that awful Ronald Weasley told me off in front of everyone!" More tears made its way down her face.

"Yes, I am sorry about that, but I figured it would be better to talk to you when half the school wasn't laughing at you, wouldn't look good for either of us if we were found talking with each other."

At that, he looked around again.

"So you don't want to be seen with me?" More tears.

"No, I'm sorry, but please try to understand, you do know my father, right?"

"No! Why would I know who your father is?" He seemed both shocked and horrified at the idea of her not knowing who her father was.

"Well, imagine a rich man, who's friends with the President, and the President is a bumbling man who can't think for himself and is easily manipulated by this man, that's who my father is."

He cringed at her reaction.

"But why would the people choose someone like that to be their President."

He sighed and sat down at her side.

"There's a lot of corruption here, Hermione, and discrimination, some people here don't accept the idea of girls like you being here, girls who don't have magical parents, you're going to face a lot of bullying here if you don't make friends, and I'm willing to be your friend, even if my father might disown me for it."

"But why would you do that?"

"I hate my father, I don't agree with him, and you look like you could use a friend."

"Fine, you and I might get along, Malfoy, I'm Hermione Granger."

She put out her hand.

***********

They walked to all their classes together now, she realized how wrong she had been about him, everyone had told her that he was a snob and that he would be horrible towards her especially and her 'kind' but they never explained what that meant, but Draco did, he answered all her questions on the wizarding world and even taught her more.

Hermione absolutely loved learning about magic, others didn't understand, they thought she was a know-it-all, that she thought she was better than them, but she didn't.

When she did something that was wrong or she pushed into others conversations, Draco gently told her that what she was doing was rude, he taught her how to analyze other people, and she was happy. He was kinder than other people, but she still saw the way people looked at him, like they were expecting him to say something completely out of turn.