Chapter 5

"Harry got on the Quidditch team?" Draco was shocked, he hadn't stolen the remembrall this time, how had Potter gotten on the team?

"Yeah, that awful Nott stole Neville's remembrall, you should have seen it, mate, Harry caught it right before it hit the ground!" Ron seemed more happy that Harry had gotten on the team than Harry himself.

Interesting, very interesting, Potter had gotten on the team even when Draco hadn't done anything, that meant that his theory was right, fixed points. A fixed point in time, something that made the structure of that timeline, if they didn't happen, the timeline itself would fold in on itself, because of this, the universe made sure that it happened, no matter what.

In this case, Nott took Draco's place in the remembrall incident, meaning that he would most likely take Draco's place for all other instances that needed to happen, why Potter had to become a seeker, however, he did not know, perhaps it had to do with the fact that many things happened to Potter on the Quidditch pitch, a fixed point always helped protect another fixed point.

Since Nott had taken Draco's place for this fixed point, the next one that involved Malfoy and Potter would be replaced with Nott and Potter, Nott would become this timeline's Malfoy, but that meant that Nott would also take the dark mark during his sixth year.

Draco cringed, he couldn't let that happen, yes, he hadn't been close friends with Nott, but from what he remembered, Nott wasn't a complete prat. Another theory popped into Draco's head, would Nott feel the same way Draco had felt, did being a fixed point mean that he would feel the same way the previous fixed point was meant to feel, did different people affect the timeline itself-

Wait, what had they been talking about again? Oh yes, Harry had become seeker, he should probably be happy for him.

"Great job, Harry!" He gushed.

Harry's cheeks pinked, he must have a thing for compliments, his cheeks always pinked when Draco complimented him, which wasn't often, but he could only assume that it was the same for other people, after all, why would it be different for Draco alone? A rather ridiculous thought.

"Thanks, Draco." Harry smiled, it was all teeth. Draco still wasn't used to hearing Potter call him by his first name, yes, Draco did sometimes refer to Potter by his first name in his thoughts, but he only called him by his first name in reality because Potter had specifically asked for it.

It was a habit of seven years, it was pretty hard to get rid of.

"Anyways, I have to get to my dorm, I have a lot of homework to catch up on." They all nodded, Draco wasn't lying, he did actually have two days of homework to catch up on, but it wasn't like it was hard, it was first year work for Merlin's sake.

What he really wanted to do was analyze the vision he had, it was rather important.

Draco waved to his frie- acquaintances. Merlin, he had almost referred to them as his friends, but, weren't they his friends, they fit all meanings of the word, but they couldn't be, they were the golden trio, not the golden quartet, but-

He shook his head, he didn't have time to think of such trivial things, he had to focus on the task at hand.

Nearing the portrait, Draco waited for the Eagle to rise, it always took a bit too long, was it faulty or something, it could be another project to work on, fixing the damn door.

"What English word has three consecutive double letters?" The Eagle asked.

"Bookkeeper." Yet again, the Eagle gave him a look, but swung open nonetheless, he wondered if the Eagle felt accomplished if it spoke a riddle that a person couldn't figure out, was that its purpose?