Chapter 18

A/N: My Archive of Our Own is Draconis_Patronum, I always update there first. So if you want to check it out, now you know where.
________________________________

"My room!" Hermione shrieked.

Harry cringed. Everything was torn; fluff was coming out of her pillows, her clothes were all over the floor, even her bedsheets were torn. He looked at Ron. "Who could have done this?"

"It had to be a Gryffindor, no one else would be able to come into Hermione's room," Ron shrugged.

Harry nodded but stopped when he saw Seamus rubbing the back of his neck, looking down.
"Seamus?" he asked.

"Well... you see... I might have shown Draco into your room earlier today. He looked weird." Seamus shrugged and Hermione whipped around.

"Draco?" she asked, narrowing her eyes.

"I thought you sent him to get ingredients," Seamus frowned.

"No! I didn't!" Hermione smacked Seamus on the back of his head and started scolding him.

Ron turned to Harry, ignoring Hermione. "Why would Malfoy tear up Hermione's room?"

Ron was still using Draco's last name. At least he wasn't spitting out accusations; they were making progress. Harry looked back at the room.

"I have no idea." Harry had theories, but he doubted any of them would be true. Draco was clearly looking for something. Maybe he had found it; maybe he hadn't.

"Hermione." Harry got her attention and she finally left poor Seamus alone.

"Is it ready?" Harry asked her, mindful that Seamus was in the room.

Hermione's face brightened. "Yes! It is! Come on." She ushered them out of the room, but before she closed the door, she looked back at Seamus.

"Clean it up," she ordered, and slammed the door.

*******************

"I just had to ask Luna for her hair and she gave it to me," Hermione shrugged when Ron asked. Conveniently, Anthony and Terry gave each other hair-cuts, so finding their hair wasn't exactly a chore.

She dropped the hair into the green sludge that was the Polyjuice potion. They had agreed that she would drink the one with Luna's hair, Ron would drink Terry's, and Harry would drink Anthony's.

"Cheers!" Ron chirped, and they knocked their glasses together.

Ron and Harry hesitated for a moment before drinking the potion, while Hermione drank it right away. It took a moment, but eventually, their bodies started changing. It was a weird feeling, and it looked even weirder in the mirror.

Hermione gasped, "I think I'm going to be sick." She gagged and ran into a stall, shutting the door.

Ron waited for a moment before gagging as well. "Oh," he moaned, and ran into another stall, shutting the door as well.

Harry was now the only one who wasn't in a stall. He looked in the mirror and cringed.

Their bodies began to... bubble, and their features began to change and morph and warp. Harry's hair began to change, getting shorter and changing to blonde. His skin got lighter, and his eyes changed to blue. His scar was no longer visible. Harry could feel his bones rearranging, it was a horrible feeling. The Gryffindor emblem on his clothes morphed into the Ravenclaw bird.

Inside the stall, Ron's hair darkened from its normal fiery red to a light brown, his freckles disappeared but his eye colour stayed the same.

Across from Ron's stall, Hermione watched as her hair flattened out, slowly becoming blond; her eyes lightened from their normal hazel to silvery-blue-grey.