Chapter 9

Potter, Granger and Weasley were idiots.

They hadn't even thought of a way past the three-headed beast, they were so lucky that Draco was here, but he was still tempted to let them die, he could blame it on the dog.

Draco held the flute he had nicked from Hagrid's hut, and started to play it, there was a harp that had been enchanted to play there, but it had stopped abruptly, that was when Draco had whipped out the flute and had started blowing on it like there was no tomorrow.

It took a second, but soon, Fluffy was fast asleep, and Draco's lungs felt like someone had punched him in the lungs.

"We should get into the trapdoor-" Ron was opening the trap door, making his way down, but Draco had no interest in staying with the damn beast, he pushed Weasley out of the way and jumped down, he was soon followed by Ron, Harry and Hermione, he tried to move, only to have something wrap around his arm.

"What is this?" Draco whispered, trying to free his hand, he and Hermione may have been calm, but Ron and Harry weren't.

"I can't move!" Ron yelled, struggling against the plant. A closer look at it and Draco knew exactly what it was,

"Devil's snare." He spoke to himself, he had learned about it in Herbology, a deadly plant.

"Stop struggling!" Hermione yelled at all of them, even though Draco was moving the least out of all of them.

"Are you crazy?" Ron yelled at her. But Hermione was right, there was no way to get out of here, even a full-grown wizard wouldn't be able to get through this with their wand, the only reasonable thing to do was stay still.

Hermione sat ramrod straight, and was immediately sucked through the wall of plants, Draco followed soon after her.

"Hermione!" Ron yelled at the same time as Harry yelled, "Draco!", were those dunces even listening to them, Hermione had said stay still and yet they were struggling like fishes out of water.

"Stop moving!" Hermione yelled again, when Draco remembered, that he was, in fact, a wizard, who knew how to do spells.

Draco pointed his wand at a part of the Snare, and yelled "Lumos Maximo!".

The plant shrieked as it let go of Ron and Harry, Devil's Snare hated the sunlight after all. Harry and Ron fell on their arse's but were otherwise unscathed, that was good. Hermione smiled at him,

"Good job, Dray." Why did people insist on shortening his already 2 syllables long name? But he did blush at the compliment, not as heavily as he would from one related to his intelligence, but he did have a praise kink nonetheless.

"Thank, Hermione." He nodded. Then he looked over at Ron and Harry who were still on their arse's, did they need someone to tell them to get up, or did they just want to fall asleep here because Draco had absolutely no objections to that idea, let it be a lesson for making him bust a lung while trying to lullaby a three-headed monster to sleep.

"You're always saving our arse, Draco." Ron said, but he didn't see how that was true, this was the first time he had saved Ron and Harry from any life-threatening situation.

"Now get off of your arse, Weasley, we do have other things to do." Draco started walking forward, Hermione was right next to him, he had to admit that he was curious about what the next thing they had to face would be.

He was surprised to see a racing broom (a rather ancient one), and a flurry of keys with wings flying above them. It looked oddly pleasing, he liked the little humming sounds the sentient keys made. Ron and Harry were right behind them, Ron was looking at the keys while Harry was staring at the broom. Draco looked over at Harry, a glint in his eyes,