Chapter 17

Draco sat in front of Professor Trelawney. He still hadn't had a single vision since the beginning of the year, he had given it a bit more time, but it was now November, and he still hadn't had one. Asking Professor Trewlaney was the only option he had left.

"You haven't even had a small vision, a flash?" Professor Trelawney looked pale.

"Yes." Draco nodded.

Trewlaney narrowed her eyes, "Perhaps this is a punishment." She muttered.

"A punishment?" Draco tilted his head.

"Travelling back in time is disturbing the universe itself, maybe the universe is punishing you for travelling back here. I have to ask, Draco, why are you here?"

An unprecedented rage lit up inside him, he was just so angry, and he didn't know why.

"Because there was only so much death that I could take!" Draco yelled, standing up. Trewlaney opened her mouth but didn't have the chance to say anything.

"I was supposed to die, right before I did the ritual, someone hit me with an Avada Kedavra, and it hurt!"

"Do YOU know what it's like to be hit by an Avada? Do YOU know what it's like to DIE?!"

He remembered the feeling of having his soul being forcibly removed from his body. It was just painpainpainpain-

"Draco-" Trewlaney got up, making her way towards him.

"NO! I'm trying to fix my mistakes, and I don't know why I can't!" The rage was still there, but there was also sadness. His emotions were all jumbled up, he didn't know what to feel. Should he be sad, or angry?

"Draco...I don't know if it is the universe punishing you. Perhaps it is something else, but that is the only thing I know. I am not the only Seer in the world, Draco. I have never met a time traveller before. I do not know the effects of time travelling on your Inner Eye." Trewlaney spoke in a soothing voice, even when he was yelling at her she remained calm.

His vision blurred, and he looked down. Trewlaney raised his chin and opened her arms, inviting him into a hug. He didn't know her that well, but he needed a hug right now.

He sobbed on Trewlaney's shoulder.

*************

Looking at his ceiling, he reflected on what had happened. His emotions were...wrong. He knew that didn't make sense, but it did to him. He couldn't make sense of why he was feeling the way he did. The main emotion that he felt these days was anger...and sometimes sadness, but that wasn't new to him.

His Sixth year was full of sadness and stress, but he had never felt so mad at someone. It was an uncontrollable rage. Yes, he had almost Crucio'd Potter, but he had come to regret that, and even then, he didn't feel uncontrollable rage towards him. He had wanted Potter to hurt...but now..he wanted to kill him.

It was like a beast; an uncontrollable beast. Sometimes it slept peacefully, and other times, completely random times, it woke up and ripped apart everything around it.

It was completely unpredictable.

And it scared him. It scared him because he couldn't trust himself to come close to Hermione, Ron or Harry, he didn't want to hurt them, but at the same time, he did.

The only thing that he could make sense of was that he missed Tom, and he didn't know why. He knew that Tom was most likely the reason he had called Hermione that word; but was he really that bad? Maybe Tom was like him, a boy who had thought that he was above others because of his blood. Maybe he could convince Tom that he wasn't above them?