Chapter 12

Draco looked down at the gift that he had put in his bag and then he looked back at his father.

"Yes, it is blank. It is a diary, even the most extraordinary of wizards need to write their thoughts sometimes." Lucius smiled, smiled at him.

Draco hesitated for a moment, "Thank you, father."

"Of course, Draco." And he left, Draco silently thought to himself that something was most definitely off with him, but as long as it didn't kill him or effect Draco, he didn't care. He looked back at Harry, who was looking at the place that Lucius had been standing in suspicion.

"That was really weird."

"I know." Draco wished he had a, it would be the right time to stroke it, like Dumbledore.

"Well, come on, we have to get our books."

"Oh wait, I forgot I wanted to tell you something." Harry walked behind him, Draco turned back to look at him,

"Yes?"

"Apparently, a house-elf was stealing my mail." Draco dropped his book, what did Dobby do now, and how did Harry find out about that?

"Yeah? How strange, that elf sound annoying." Draco muttered and Harry groaned.

"Tell me about it, he levitated a cake over our guests and dropped it on her, and then, he made it seem like it was me who did it! I got a warning about underage magic. That's why the Dursley's put bars on my window." Draco listened to Harry rant and got more and more embarrassed on behalf of his house-elf. At the mention of the Dursley's, a question sprung to Draco's mind.

"Harry, those muggles seem right awful, I was wondering, what exactly are they like?" Draco kept his tone gentle, not wanting to scare Harry off or something, he knew how sensitive he was.

Harry looked down and opened and closed his mouth a few times, contemplating what to say, when finally, he looked back up at Draco and opened his mouth, "They think that I'm a freak, they think that magic's abnormal, they didn't tell me that I was a wizard and told me that my parents died in a car crash."

Draco sucked in a breath, he knew that the muggles were bad, but he had never heard of muggles hiding magic from a magic bearer, Draco briefly wondered how it would be without magic and shuddered at the prospect of it.

"That's horrible Harry, but for what it's worth, I don't think you're a freak." Draco slowly wrapped Harry in a hug, he didn't hug people often, let alone hugging Potter, but he felt like he needed one right now, and Draco wasn't cruel (well, maybe just a little bit).

"Oh, Potter's got a boyfriend now?" Draco recoiled at the sound of a new voice, letting go of Harry he looked over at the person who had made that stupid comment and cringed when he saw Nott, smirking.

"Nott." Draco nodded, he knew Nott would feed off of mean comments, all the more reason not to say any. Being nice to someone when they're being mean to you confuses them, it's much harder to be mean to a nice person unless you're a cruel bastard, and Draco knew that Nott wasn't.

"Blood traitor." Nott nodded, but Draco had seen the way Nott's smirk had faltered.

"Pureblood." Draco tilted his head and Nott laughed.

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" He snorted.

"No," Draco said briefly and Nott stopped laughing, looking at Draco with a confused expression, Draco knew what it meant, he knew that Nott was wondering why Draco wasn't being mean to him, and that was exactly what he wanted him to think.

Draco helped Harry get up and faltered a bit when he saw how Harry was glaring at him, he opened his mouth, ready to say something, but Draco shushed him, fighting fire with fire would do no one any good.