Chapter-6 (Memories of the past)

Mina held her beating heart in one hand while balancing the other hand on the table and began breathing in and out to calm herself. Thank God, no one was in the dressing room so she owned the room for now.

She felt someone standing behind her. That person was so close to her and a hot breath was blown into her ears. "You...," she raised her hand and turned around to slap that person but pulled her hand down immediately realizing who it is. "Sehun?!"

"Jagi...," he was surprised by her.  "I'm sorry. I didn't know you hate it," he pulled a disappointed face. His facial expression said that he was hurt.

"No... no, not like that. I was just... just... I had some bad thoughts. You did no wrong. Sorry," she sounded sad for hurting him. How could she do this?

"It's OK. Let's go," he smiled and pulled her out of the room. She knew he wouldn't take it serious but she couldn't stop being guilty for hurting him. So, she lightly pecked his cheek and ran past him to hide her shyness.

He smiled at her actions and his cheek began to flare red. Cute girl!

When Mina was waiting for Sehun near his car she felt someone watching her. She felt self-conscious. She lifted her head up and scanned the SM Building. There he is, Mr. Kim, staring at her from the third floor. She immediately dropped her gaze and got into the car when Sehun finally reached her.

'I'm not letting you go again. I said you to stay away from him. You're only mine. Hope you want some treatment,' Mr.Kim said in his thought, growing in anger while seeing her getting inside Sehun's car.

***

Mina's heart was restless. She twisted and turned in her bed to collect her wandering mind. Though it's almost midnight, no sign of sleep was found in her face and she wished her mother could be home to comfort her. She kept staring at the moon through the window while lying in bed, reminiscing her past.

~~~

"Yah Mina, where are you taking me?"

"Shut up, Kim. It's a surprise and it's the twelfth time I'm telling you now. Don't dare to ask me again," a seven years old Mina warned the nine years old Kim. His eyes were still covered by the hole-less mask prepared by her, and was being pulled by her to reach their destination. Their path had many ups and downs and even some stones pricked her tender legs, but she didn't care because she was doing it for Kim, her childhood crush.

"We are here," she exclaimed delightedly, both panting for air after the long run. The cold breeze slapped both of them and the rustling sound from the waterfall was pleasing to hear. She pulled his mask down from his face revealing his hair, forehead, eyes, nose, lips, chin and finally his whole face. The bright moonlight hit his face and he looked angelic. She couldn't help but to stare his cute face for a while. "Happy birthday, Kim," she wished him with her whole-heart and stood beside him so that he can see what was before his eyes.

He awed in shock to see the beauty of nature. Waterfall down poured on the left side and huge stream flowing before. The bright moonlight lit the whole area making everything to sparkle. Trees danced to the rhythm of wind and one word to describe will be, 'HEAVEN'. Only silence hugged them and Kim was still admiring the nature's beauty that made her sad.

"Aren't you going to at least thank me?" she sadly said and crossed her arms around her chest with a pouting face.

Chuckling, he turned to her. He held her shoulder and made her come closer. He leaned forward and kissed her right cheek, making her face go red. She was shocked. Then he slowly pulled back and stared into her eyes.

"Thank you so much. This will be my happiest day in my life. I will always be there for you," he said sincerely.

"Yo-You're welcome," she managed to say while blushing hard, and also happiness filled her face.

Suddenly, she was startled y a voice. "Mina, what are you doing there at this hour?" her father questioned her, accompanying her mom.

"Do you know how worried we were at your absence? This is not a safe place to spend time at night. You should have called us. Come dear, let's go home," her mom almost cried and gently pulled her, leaving Kim alone.

"Don't talk to strangers dear. We might not know what problem they would bring to us," her father advised her while talking her home.

She turned back to see Kim and gave a sad face. "But he's my friend, father," worries filled her face.

Kim couldn't take her sad face. "Leave her," Kim shouted that made her parents halt. Her parents turned back including her. "I said, leave her," he shouted even more, that startled the three.

"Who are you boy? Go home," her dad said.

"Leave her," Kim demanded again, gritting his teeth.

'Oh! No, No Kim. Don't do anything silly,' Mina pleaded inside her head. She knew Kim is a violent natured person that would dare to do anything to save his beloved peoples.

"What if I don't?" her father shot back, not giving in to the threat of a small boy. But he immediately regretted when  a sharp stone met his forehead, resulting in red-fresh blood. "Ahh...!" her father yelled holding his forehead. Her mom and she were bewildered.

"Yeobo...!" her mom cried seeing the blood from her dad's head.

Tears dammed Mina's eyes. She loves her father more than anyone in this world, even more than Kim. Now, seeing her father being hurt, she couldn't forgive Kim even if she likes him. Her dad is more important for her. She didn't expect Kim would do this. So, Mina walked to Kim with a death glare.

Kim lately realized what he did. He was afraid. His only thought was to make Mina a happy person and he hate's anyone who makes her sad or uncomfortable. He loved her so much that he didn't want her own father to hurt her but his actions were too far for forgiving.

"I've already warned you not to hurt anyone, anymore. Now, it's going out of control that it went to the extent of hurting my father and he's not the first one you're hurting. You can't keep hurting people often. I'm afraid to be with you. I... I hate you an... and please leave me forever," she hesitantly said with teary eyes. Those were her last words she spoke to him before leaving. She didn't even turn back to see him for last time.

~~~

Mina wiped her tears and rolled in bed to forget her sweet mixed bitter thoughts. 'I had enough from you. Just... just please disappear. I want to have... to have a life. Please go away,' she cried in her mind, chanting those broken lines. She wants no one to get hurt specially Sehun, because of her. She knew Kim would so anything to get her, even if its killing anyone. While viewing in that point, she's aware that Kim would do anything to Sehun to take her back. She feared what will happen tomorrow.