Chapter 4

"Deku! Deku, wake up!"

Katsuki loudly called as Izuku shook and squirmed in his sleep. The omega had to be in the middle of a nightmare. He kept whimpering, tears rolling down his freckled cheeks and waves of tremors running up and down his small body.

"Izuku!" Katsuki almost shouted and Izuku suddenly bolted up, the omega abruptly waking up. He fearfully looked around, clearly panicked, when Katsuki firmly pulled him in his embrace.

"Shhh. It's okay, you're safe. You're not there anymore." The alpha whispered comforting words into Izuku's ear to calm him down. He used his hand to rub soothing circles on the omega's back. "I'm here. I won't let anyone hurt you, Deku."

"K-kacchan...?"

Izuku quietly murmured as he looked at Katsuki, the omega finally coming back to his senses. But then, his emerald eyes suddenly widened in panic as he realised how he had just called the alpha. "S-sorry!" He promptly left Katsuki's arms and apologised right away, feeling terrified of what could happen. "I-I didn't mean to..!"

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not mad." Katsuki immediately reassured as he saw the distress of the omega. "You can call me like that, I don't fucking mind..." He added. He had actually liked hearing Izuku call him like he did. It was the first time the smaller boy had told his name in years and Katsuki couldn't be more pleased. 

"You're okay?" He gently asked as he reached out a hand to Izuku's cheek, using his thumb to gently caress it. Izuku slightly tensed up at the sudden touch before eventually accepting it, the omega almost leaning into Katsuki's warm and calloused hand. "Y-yes..." He timidly answered while lowering his eyes.

"You had a nightmare?" Katsuki inquired. He slowly made Izuku lie down under the covers, before doing the same so he was spooning the smaller boy. Izuku unexpectedly felt safe with Katsuki's strong arm securely wrapped around his slim waist, it reassured him. "Y-yes..." He quietly answered, his body slightly trembling.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Katsuki asked and Izuku immediately shook his head. "N-no. I don't want t-to think about it." The omega shakily said. The mere thought of remembering the abuse he had gone through was making him brutally quiver.

"Shhh. It's okay. You don't have to if you don't want to, Deku." Katsuki said right away. He stopped asking questions and instead held the tiny omega tighter against his chest. Izuku slowly calmed down, but his heart soon started to race in his chest as the room was now filled with silence. 

Izuku still wasn't comfortable around Katsuki. He didn't know what the alpha wanted from him nor what he was allowed to do without risking to anger him. He was scared of doing anything he shouldn't, but he had so many things he wanted to ask Katsuki...

"K-Kacchan?" He eventually hesitantly called out, his voice coming out as a mere whisper. "Yes?" Katsuki answered and Izuku shivered as he felt the alpha's warm breath against his neck. He gulped, gathering the courage he needed to talk.

"Are you r-really the number one hero?"

He finally asked and Katsuki snorted. The alpha was amused by the question. "Of course I fucking am." He answered with a smirk, unconcealed proudness and even conceit in his tone.

"W-what is your hero name..?" Izuku shyly inquired and Katsuki liked the attention he was getting. "Ground Zero." He said and Izuku hummed in response, the omega staying silent some instant before speaking out again. "W-what about All Might?" He asked. 

Katsuki frowned as he remembered how much Izuku loved the former number-one hero. "He retired." He quietly answered, not knowing how Izuku would react but feeling him stiffen in his arms. "R-really?" Izuku hesitantly murmured, his stomach tightening. 

"Yes. A lot of things happened in seven years..." Katsuki responded and silence took over the room. The alpha thought Izuku wouldn't ask anything anymore, but then he inevitably whispered the question Katsuki was dreading the most.

"A-and my mom... is she o-okay...?"

Katsuki's heart clenched in his chest. He pulled Izuku impossibly closer to him, hugging the tiny omega tightly against his chest as he knew what he was about to say would surely break him. 

"She's dead, Deku..."

He murmured and Izuku suddenly stopped to breathe. The omega felt his heart ache inside his chest, his stomach tightening and throbbing in pain. "Y-you're lying..." was the first thing he said. He felt like he was suffocating. 

"I'm not." Katsuki simply answered. He didn't know what else to say and he knew that, in any case, nothing he could say could possibly make things better for Izuku. 

"H-how?" Izuku eventually asked in a broken voice as tears began to roll down his freckled cheeks, small sobs silently escaping his pink lips. "Of sickness." Katsuki quietly answered. He hated to see Izuku in so much sorrow. He hated to hear in how much pain the omega was.

"W-when?" Izuku kept inquiring, not wanting to believe it was true. It just couldn't be. His mom couldn't be dead. Not when he had finally escaped the hell he was living in and could finally see her again.

Not when he was already suffering so much...

"Two years after you went missing," Katsuki informed while he silently tried to soothe Izuku, the alpha releasing a large amount of his soothing pheromones. Hearing Izuku's sobs was breaking his heart. The omega seemed inconsolable. His sobs were full of sorrow and heart-wrenching, resonating in the silence of the bedroom. It was as if a piece of him had been ripped apart and painful emptiness was left instead...

Life was utterly ruthless for Izuku.

"Shhh. It's gonna be okay, Deku. I swear..." Katsuki quietly murmured as he securely held Izuku in his arms, feeling the omega's small body tremble with his sobs. Katsuki just couldn't take it anymore so he decided to hum lowly, a deep rumble coming from his chest. The sound had the effect of soothing omegas, it was like purring but for alphas.

"Everything's okay. Things are gonna get better..." Katsuki assured as he kept crooning. 

Slowly, Izuku's sobs progressively started to lessen. It was instinctive. The omega slowly felt his body relax, his mind almost becoming numb. His eyelids started to feel heavy as exhaustion took over sorrow. Izuku was already deeply worn out and crying this much was draining him so much. He only wanted to fall asleep and forget everything.

"Sleep, Deku," Katsuki whispered and Izuku eventually just couldn't stay awake anymore. He finally fell into a deep slumber in Katsuki's arms, feeling exhausted and broken. Katsuki gently wiped Izuku's tears away with his thumb before protectively hugging the smaller boy closer to him. 

He knew how hard it had to be on Izuku, but the sooner he would have told him, the better it would have been. He couldn't hide something like that and the omega needed to know if he wanted to fully move on...

Katsuki would do anything he could to make sure Izuku got better.

To be continued

I know this chapter was sad but it was necessary. The next one will be better, don't worry :)

Don't hesitate to tell me your thoughts!