Chapter 20

Izuku was right, the League attacked the mall.

It was a little past 4 pm when a dark purple portal suddenly appeared in the centre of the shopping centre, three medium-sized Nomus and one bigger black Nomu emerging out of it. Screams of fear could immediately be heard as members of the League showed up, people starting to run in all directions and panic taking over the whole crowd.

"Hey, fuckers!"

Katsuki was the first to react. He was posted near where they appeared and he didn't hesitate, a sinister smirk on his face as he released a massive blast right at them. "Eat this and die!" He shouted, the sound of the explosion resonating in the mall.

The smoke created by the explosion wore off and Katsuki let out a growl. The bigger Nomu had taken the majority of the impact and was already regenerating what little damage it had done to him.

"Fucking abomination..." Katsuki started to curse when Toga suddenly attacked him, pouncing out of nowhere. He dodged at the last instant and her knife only managed to graze his cheek, making a slight cut on his skin.

"What is the number one hero doing here? Came to play with me?" The messy blond-haired girl asked with a sick grin, facing the hero in a fighting stance and ready to jump at any second. "You crazy bitch," Katsuki groaned as he felt some blood drip on his cheek, the alpha fuming about the fact he had let himself be caught by surprise.

He needed to win time. Other undercover heroes were posted throughout the whole shopping centre but they would have to evacuate the civil before coming to help...

"I'll make you bleed, it'll be so much fun!" Toga beamed before pouncing to stab the hero. Katsuki avoided the knives with agility and grabbed the villain's wrists, using the opportunity to throw her right into a shop window. He was about to finish her off but blue fire was suddenly launched at him. This time he barely had time to dodge the attack and fire touched his shoulder, making him let out a groan.

Good thing his costume was fireproof.

"You bastard," Katsuki growled as he looked at Dabi, sparks already escaping his palms at the sight of the smug expression on the villain's face. He was ready to attack him when a wall of ice unexpectedly beat him to it. His crimson eyes swiftly moved where it was coming from and Katsuki grunted, seeing Todoroki.

"Hey! Fuck off, Icy Hot!" He shouted. Katsuki was prideful and hated the idea of being protected or having to rely on other people to assist him, even more if it was Todoroki.

"Bakugou! Sorry we couldn't come to help you sooner!" Kirishima showed up next, the redhead as energetic as always. "Shut up! I was doing good without you!" Katsuki said and Kirishima only laughed, used to the blond's temper. "Right! Let's finally beat the League!" He cheered and the other alpha groaned in agreement, the two getting back in combat.

Evacuating the civil was almost over and more heroes were starting to join in the fight. Kirishima went to help Tetsutetsu defeat one of the smaller Nomu while Shindo and Inasa were taking care of the other two. Todoroki was fighting against Dabi and other heroes were busy trying to destroy clones of Twice.

Katsuki frowned, looking for Shigaraki. A growl left him as he realized he wasn't there. The leader of the League was their number one target and the blond alpha would have loved to beat him to a pulp.

A scream suddenly resonated in the mall and Katsuki's gaze promptly moved where it came from, his eyes slightly widening at the sight. The black Nomu, the bigger one, was holding Mina by the throat and the pink-skinned beta was screaming in agony as her neck was being squeezed. Tamaki's unconscious body was lying not far on the floor, blood leaking from his head.

"You fucker!" Katsuki snarled as he fired a long-range blast right on the Nomu, forcing him to drop Mina. The beta landed on the floor and coughed blood, tears rolling down her cheeks. A little more and she would have been dead.

Black Nomus were one of the strongest Nomus, they had multiple quirks and could regenerate in no time. Only top heroes could hope to hold a fight against them and survive...

This was an opponent for the number one hero.

"Bastard! Take this!" Katsuki shouted as he propelled himself with his explosions, releasing a bombardment of close-range attacks starting with a powerful right hook on the Nomu. It did little harm and the damages were instantly regenerated. In contrast, a single hit from the mindless monster was enough to throw Katsuki against a storefront, knocking the air out of his lungs.

"F-fuck..!" The hero coughed as he got back on his feet, pain spreading throughout his body. Wrath swelled inside him and he immediately pounced back on the Nomu, using the strength of a forceful blast to throw the monster against a wall, the harsh collision breaking it.

They both landed on the parking lot of the mall and Katsuki let out a low growl at the fall. The alpha didn't take a lot of time to recover from the impact before almost immediately striking again.

"Die!!" He yelled as he fired a series of continuous explosions at the Nomu. He only stopped when his forearms started to ache and tried to see through the smoke what was left of the monster. He knew it surely wasn't over yet but he definitely wasn't expecting to suddenly be attacked, the Nomu's hit sending him to the other side of the parking lot.

Katsuki let out a grunt of pain as he harshly landed on some cars, alarms starting to go off around him. He barely managed to dodge as the Nomu pounced on him again, using his explosions to propel himself away just in time.

"Dammit!" He groaned, his body aching. "Are you fucking kidding me? Won't it fucking die!?" The hero furiously shouted as frustration started to set inside him. Whatever attack he would use, the Nomu would regenerate. It seemed it didn't have any impact on the monster. Katsuki, on the contrary, was clearly feeling the effects of the hits he received. He knew he wouldn't be able to take a lot more without his body breaking...

It was looking bad.

His movements were starting to get slower and his attacks weaker because of the exhaustion and pain. The Nomu kept launching at him and the alpha could only try to not receive another hit, the few explosions he managed to fire not even weakening the monster.

"Ugh!" Katsuki grunted as he was once again thrown at the other end of the parking, blood coming out of his mouth as he coughed. "F-fuck!" He snarled, before harshly getting back up.

He couldn't afford to lose.

He could hear the sound of the helicopter in the sky retransmitting what was happening. People were watching him live everywhere on tv, they were watching his fight and were waiting for Ground Zero to win.

Izuku was watching him.

He had promised the omega he would come back and he would keep his word; he was the number one hero for fuck sake!

He had the sharpest instincts and was extremely powerful. He controlled his quirk perfectly and had incredible strength. He couldn't lose, it wasn't even an option.

If his explosions weren't strong enough, he'd just have to make one so powerful that the Nomu couldn't even regenerate anymore. An explosion so big it would completely disintegrate it...

Fire burned in Katsuki's crimson eyes as they landed on the mindless monster, a sinister smirk making its way on his lips. He could feel his nitroglycerin-like sweat accumulating on his palms, dominant pheromones radiating out of his whole body.

The Nomu pounced and Katsuki used his explosions to propel himself in a circular motion, creating a tornado and building up oxygen to fuel the incoming blast. "Fucking die!!!" They both harshly collided and Katsuki shouted as he released the most powerful explosion he ever created.

Shock waves spread around the whole place at the strength of the blast.

The sound of the detonation loudly resonated in the sky and the floor trembled, causing all the car alarms to go off.

Nothing was left of the Nomu.

To be continued

Hey, I hope you liked this chapter! I'll be posting the following ones soon as usual ;)