Prologue

(1980)

        Me and my brother had just pulled up to the school we'd been going to for our junior year of high school. We had just moved here from Denmark at the beginning of the school year and now it was already halfway through and I still didn't know English well enough to say anything, "vi ses senere, Lars!" (see you later, Lars!) I called to my brother as we entered the building.

        "Vi ses senere!" we waved goodbye at each other as we went to our third hour classes, we were late due to doctor's appointments. All of a sudden I saw two boys appear right in front of me.

        "Hey, Y/N. Do you understand what I'm saying to you?" the red haired one said. I started to get scared, I had no idea what they were saying but by the tone of their voice I could tell it was nothing good.

        After 30 seconds of me not responding due to not understanding them the black haired one yelled "answer the question, incompetent bitch!"

        'Hvad skal jeg sige?' (what do I say?) I kept silent. Out of nowhere the red haired one pushed me over and they both ran off; I fell onto my backpack and I heard something snap. I felt a sharp pain in my left arm, I looked down at it to see my forearm bent in half. I started screaming in pain, we were a little far from the main office but thankfully Lars wasn't that far away.

        I saw my brother running over to me along with someone else. "Hvad skete der!" (what happened!) I explained everything that happened as my twin brother took me to the nurse's office.

        When we were just outside the main office I saw Lars turn to his friend "Kirk, I want you to take her to the nurse's office. I'm already really late and Ms. Rossi is going to kick my ass if I don't get to class," I saw the boy, who I had just learned was Kirk, nod as if to say "selvfølgelig." (of course)

________________________________________________________________________________

Author note: Let me know what you think, if I actually get any reads on this piece of garbage I will be thankful to all who read it. :)