Chapter 9

Author note: (Y/F/N)= your first name, (Y/M/N)= your middle name, (Y/L/N)= your last name.

________________________________________________________________________________

(July 15th, 1998, Los Angeles, California)

        I was sitting in front of the mirror in my dressing room. "Katelyn, I can't do this," I said to my maid of honor.

        "What do you mean you can't do this? Y/N, this man is the love of your life, you've been waiting for this since Christmas 1986! You can do this, I believe in you. Your groom is waiting," Katelyn said with a smile. I saw that the other bridesmaids had left and it was Katelyn's turn to walk.

        I went out to the waiting area and saw that Katelyn's eight year old twins were waiting for their turn to go. The music started and Jasper and Caroline walked down the aisle side by side, Jasper carrying the rings and Caroline throwing flower petals.

        My dad was waiting for me at the end of the aisle. I took a breath and walked down the aisle holding onto my dad's right arm. All I could do was smile as I saw Kirk standing there at the altar.

(time skip brought to you by the phrase "because I can")

        It was time for our vows, Kirk started off. "Y/N, I love you so much. From the time we ran into each other in the parking lot back in '83, I knew you were going to be mine. I will always be there for you, no matter what, and I promise that if anything is to happen to you that should make you upset, I will try my absolute best to cheer you up. You are the light of my life, my countess. I will stick by your side whether we've just had a huge argument or whenever Dracula comes to try to take you to his castle," he said, and everyone there laughed, including the officiant. I was trying to figure out whether I was mainly laughing or crying.

        Now it was my turn "Kirk, I love you with all my heart. I will be there for you the same way you've always been there for me. You were the first person I ever loved, and the first person I ever kissed. I will love you to the end of time, whether we fight or I find out you're actually a vampire," everyone laughed.

        We exchanged the rings, then finally "do you, Kirk Lee Hammett, Take (Y/F/N) (Y/M/N) (Y/L/N), to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," Kirk said with his classic smile, the one that always made me smile as well.

        "And do you, (Y/F/N) (Y/M/N) (Y/L/N), take Kirk Lee Hammett, to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the officiant looked over to me.

"I do," I said with no hesitation and a smile to match Kirk's.

        "I now pronounce you, man and wife. You may kiss the bride," Kirk put his hand on my cheek and wiped away the tears rolling down my face. He stared into my eyes, then I watched the world fade to black the same way it had the first time he kissed me.

        That night at the reception Reload was playing. By the time The Unforgiven 2 started it was time for the couple's first dance. Kirk and I started dancing and after a few minutes the rest of the world was irrelevant.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author note (part 2): I made myself cry so many times writing this chapter, whether it was from proofreading the vows or the difficulty of have to try to figure out how to write them.