Chapter 1

(April 11th, 1983, New York)

        As I was arriving at the venue, I saw two other things happening at the same time: 1. Dave was finally fired, and 2. Someone else was just arriving at the venue as well; when he got out of his car he was strangely familiar. "Hi. I'm Y/N, Lars' twin sister," I introduced myself.

        This was when I realised who it was, "I'm Kirk. I remember you, when I was a senior in high school Lars called me over to help him get you to the office after you broke your arm," he gave me a kind of smile that you'd give to a good friend after having not seen them for a long time.

        "Oh yeah! Now I remember. Well, one of those boys that pushed me over went on to form a band. I don't know what happened to the one with black hair. The redhead on the other hand, that's him that you see throwing his stuff in his car. Lars told me that James just fired him," I explained. 30 seconds later, I realised I was staring. We talked as we walked into the venue, the whole time I was thinking about something other than what we were talking about.

        Finally he noticed, "are you ok? You seem preoccupied," he said with a slightly concerned expression. As I was figuring out a response all I could think was 'does he know how perfect he is?'

        "Yeah, I was just thinking about the gig tonight," I completely lied, I couldn't figure out a way to tell him he was perfect without giving myself away.

* * *

        Later that night, during the show. I was watching everyone at the very edge of where the backstage area meets the stage. Normally I would do that so whenever my brother got tired I could switch him out during a mini intermission when the lights were out. Today I had two reasons, the first was, obviously, the same as always, the second was so I could watch Kirk as he played.

        We had gotten to the point in the show where the guitarist does a solo that lasts any number of minutes from two to ten. I saw him hold his guitar over the crowd and started to chuckle to myself, until I saw the crowd take his guitar, then I started laughing. After a little bit, of course, James being James, he jumped into the crowd to get Kirk's guitar back.

        While the crowd was occupied me and Lars switched places so he could take a break. When Kirk got his guitar back he started playing again. "Du er så perfekt," (you are so perfect) I muttered to myself as I watched Kirk start up again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author note: There won't be anymore Danish after this part. If you want more let me know and I can write some in the next part. Other than that once again I request that you tell me what you thought, I always enjoy any thoughts that people have on my story.