Chapter 3

(december 25th, 1986, Los Angeles)

        We were all over at James' house for Christmas. James, Lars, and Jason all had their girlfriends with them, but me and Kirk didn't bring anyone with us, he seemed to be handling it fine, but I couldn't.

        After everyone else had opened their presents it was my turn, there was one problem though "Kirk, I didn't get one from you," That's when he gave that perfect smile of his, that ticked me off, and he knew it.

        "That's because I have a different kind of present for you," now I was confused, "Y/N, I don't have any other way to say this. I like you... as more than friends, I think I have since that day in 1983 when we ran into each other in the parking lot," just like that I was no longer mad, instead I was in his arms. "Hey, why are you crying?" he asked.

        "I just don't know what to think. I've been wanting to tell you how perfect you are since that same day," I looked at him and he gave me that smile again.

        The response from the group was a collective "awww" from the ladies and all the guys smiling and rolling their eyes in unison, faking annoyance when they actually found it kinda cute too.

        "Oh what, like you guys didn't do the same thing!" I joked. Everyone started to laugh.

* * *

        That night, I was laying on the couch in the apartment that I shared with my brother, Lars, when I heard the phone ring. I thought it would be another telemarketer, so I got up off the couch and huffed my way over to where the phone was to see that Lars had already picked it up and was laughing at something. He saw that I was coming, "ok here she is," he must've been keeping someone busy while they were waiting for me.

        "Hello?" I said into the phone with some curiosity as to who it was.

        "Hi Y/N!" I could tell it was Kirk by the enthusiasm in his voice when I answered. Instantly a smile came to my face. "Want to come to my place for New Year's?" the enthusiasm in his voice was unmeasurable and it made me smile so much, "I can tell you right now it'll be more enjoyable than spending it at your's and Lars' apartment," I could tell by that remark that he had that suggestive smirk that he always got when he was teasing me and Cliff about being roommates.

        "I'd love that!" I said, absolutely beaming.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author note: I feel like the chapters are slowly getting worse and I'm just not seeing it, anyone reading would tell me when it starts to get bad right? Anyway, have a good day, and I wish you luck through the isolation. :)