Chapter 10

(June 12th, 2009, Los Angeles, California)

        I was exhausted. I laid in the hospital bed, waiting for the doctor to hand me and Kirk our newborn twins. We already had names picked out, we would name the boy Carter and the girl would be Allison.

        "Have you two already picked out names?" the doctor asked as the nurse handed us the twins.

"Yes we have," I responded.

"What's the boy's name?" the doctor asked.

"Carter Cliff Hammett," Kirk replied.

"And what about the girl?"

"Allison Leah Hammett," I replied.

        The song playing on the radio on our way home was The Unforgiven 3, later that night I would sing this to the twins as their lullaby to get them to fall asleep. Me and Kirk silently watched the twins sleeping. He had his arm around my shoulders, I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on mine, as I had my arm around his waist.

        The next day, we invited Lars, James, and Rob over to meet the twins. We had Death Magnetic lightly playing in the background. "Here Carter, come see your uncle Lars," I said as I handed Carter over to my brother. I looked over to see Allison safe with James. I heard Carter start to cry and I took him back from Lars "it's ok, sometimes I feel that way around him too," this earned a look from Lars and a laugh from everyone else.

        Me and Kirk took a minute to ourselves with Allison and Carter, "I wish you two could've met your uncle Cliff," as Kirk said this I looked up to see a ghost standing in the doorway, it was Cliff. I immediately started crying, as I nudged Kirk to look up. When Kirk looked up Cliff's ghost started walking towards us.

        "They can, anytime either of you need me to be here, I will be. I love Allison and Carter, well, to death, and I'll be there for them too," me and Kirk started to cry as Cliff's ghost pulled us into a hug, and in this case if you didn't know he was dead you wouldn't be able to tell. We handed him the twins and saw as both of them started to fall asleep quickly in his arms, faster than we could get them to. Cliff handed them back as he slowly disappeared back to the spiritual plane.

        We put the twins in their separate cribs and went back down to the living room to say bye to everyone.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author note: Sad to say that this is the end of the story. :(