Chapter 5

jungkook was laying in his bed debating whether to call taehyung or not. it was sunday and the shop closes early so he had a long day to spend alone because he really didn't have friends.

"fuck it. i'm jungkook why shouldn't i call?" he said to himself before he tapped on the older's contact and waited for him to answer.

after a few moments his call was answered, "hello." he heard through the phone. "hey taehyung. i was wondering.." he went silent after that and waited till taehyung hummed for him to continue.
"do you wanna hang out?" he said but the line went silent so he rushed to explain, "as friends i mean i'm not asking you out on a date. yet."

taehyung giggled and jungkook was proud of himself for making the other laugh, "sure, we can hang out dude."

"call me dude one more time and i'll throw myself off a cliff." and taehyung laughed again. "i'm just messing with you, when are we hanging out?"

jungkook smiled to himself, "in an hour? i can pick you up?" taehyung raised an eyebrow, "in an hour yeah. but you don't even know where i live." he chuckled.

"i know, i was hoping you'd tell me. i wanna act like a gentleman and impress you by picking you up and opening the car door for you and all, you know?"

"you're such a crackhead jungkook." taehyung giggled. "i can be your crackhead but you keep pushing me away." jungkook replied.

"Street 413 block 2, better be here in an hour." taehyung said before he hung up and left a smiling jungkook looking like a total idiot alone in his apartment.

one hour later jungkook was standing in front of block 2 waiting for taehyung to come down after he sent him a text letting him know he's here.

he smiled once he saw taehyung walking out looking so pretty. he was wearing a baby blue shirt tucked in a black jeans. he looked ethereal to the younger.

"are you gonna keep staring at me like that?" taehyung asked when jungkook didn't say anything yet and shook him out of hiz daze, "i'm sorry, you just look really pretty." taehyung smiled and thanked him shyly.

"i wanted to bring my car so i can open the door for you like i said and drive with one hand so you'll think i'm hot, but that didn't work." jungkook said and taehyung chuckled, "why's that?"

"because i don't have a car." taehyung laughed loudly and covered his mouth, "i thought of bringing my bike but i was afraid you'd find that less hot so i didn't and i just walked here."

"you're really funny, you know that?" taehyung said, still laughing. "but i actually love bikes, i have one too."

"we should go on a bike date one day then." jungkook said. "friendly date of course, don't get me wrong."
"sure." taehyung chuckled and walked with jungkook.

"where are we going?" he asked after a minute of silence. "there's this garden cafe that i really like, is that okay?" taehyung nodded and they continued walking in comfortable silence.

"we're here." jungkook said before walking into the garden and finding a table for the two of them.

they ordered desserts and talked about anything that crossed their minds. "so you've never been in a relationship before?" taehyung asked and jungkook nodded, "i'm not gonna lie, people here don't like me. whenever someone is interested in me people just scare them away. it's probably because you're new to this town, that's why no one is saying anything about you hanging out with me."

"is there a reason? did something happen?" taehyung asked, feeling bad because the younger must've been so lonely. "hmm, there is. there was this man who was always pushing my dad around because he worked for him. one day he came to our place and slapped him in front of me because he lost some stupid paper for work, and i couldn't stand it of course, i beat him up till he was barely breathing and the police came for me. i was let out the next day but people saw that i attacked an innocent old man for no reason. so they don't really like me here."

"i'm sorry that happened to you." taehyung apologised because he just really felt bad for him. "it's okay it's not your fault. at least you treat me as a normal person and not some criminal." he smiled.

"anyways, what about you? any past relationships?" jungkook asked, changing the subject.

taehyung nodded, "yeah, i was actually engaged but we broke up a year ago."
"really? is it okay if i ask why?" jungkook hesitantly asked. "he just decided he didn't love me anymore. he was 3 years younger than me."

jungkook thought that must be the reason taehyung isn't giving him a chance and thinks he isn't enough. "well he's an idiot, he lost an amazing man any one would be lucky to have."

the hours passed without them realising, and now it was night and jungkook was walking taehyung home. jungkook had picked a small flower before exiting the cafe, and once they stood in front of taehyung's apartment building, he took it out and put it in taehyung's hair.

"you're so pretty taehyung." he said as he traced his hand on taehyung's cheek that was red from blushing. "thank you. i had so much fun today, thank you for taking me out. it was the first time i go out since i got here."

"i'll take you out whenever you want. i had so much fun too." he smiled warmly at him.

"well i'll go now." taehyung said and jungkook nodded as he saw taehyung walk to his building. the smile never left his face that night.