Chapter 7

taehyung woke up to the sun hitting his face directly, he looked down and saw his hand intertwined with jungkook's while jungkook's head rested on the couch as he fell asleep. he felt guilty for making the other sleep on the floor like that.

"jungkook, wake up." he said as he slipped his hand out of the other's. jungkook opened his eyes and was confused for a second before he looked at taehyung, "good morning, are you feeling better?" he asked worriedly and taehyung smiled before nodding. "why did you sleep on the floor you idiot, hmm?"

"i wanted to make sure you're okay." jungkook stated. "thank you for taking care of me, i appreciate it." the older thanked him before standing up, "i'll take a quick shower and come right back. don't go anywhere, we can have breakfast and go to work together." taehyung suggested, "if you want."

"as much as i'd love to do just that, i need to shower and change my clothes."
"i have extra clothes, don't go." taehyung said softly, suddenly feeling like he's pressuring the younger but he didn't wanna be alone. he liked having jungkook by his side.
jungkook smiled, "then i guess i can stay."

thirty minutes after that the two were showered and in clean clothes sitting around the counter eating breakfast. "i think i look good in your clothes. but i bet you'd look better in mine." jungkook winked and taehyung stayed silent.

"about what you said last night, that you really like me, did you mean it?" taehyung asked after minutes of silence. jungkook was surprised that the other brought it up, but nodded anyways looking into the older's eyes, "i did. i like you taehyung."

"but you can't." taehyung insisted. "why not? why can't i?"
taehyung looked down, "because i'm not right for you. even if we liked each other, it wouldn't be right. you're so young and handsome, you can get anyone who's young and pretty like you deserve. i don't deserve to be with someone like you, jungkook."

"will you keep saying that? will you ever give me a chance? huh? or are you gonna keep saying that we can't be together but lead me on anyway? because if you didn't notice you're kinda leading me on! asking me to stay and not pushing me away anymore! what's all that huh?" jungkook's voice was a little loud, he's kinda upset that taehyung keeps putting himself down like that.

"why don't you get it jungkook? you think i like pushing you away like this? you think i'm not tired of being alone? trust me i am! but i'd rather say no to you right now than get my heart broken when you decide you don't want me anymore! just like he did!" taehyung raised his voice too, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"we were so happy together, jungkook. he told me he loved me. but one day i woke up and found a note from him saying that he can't be with me any longer. he didn't even consider my feelings. and the next thing i know is that he found someone younger than me, someone who suits him well. and i'm afraid i'll go through that again. he couldn't take three years difference, let alone ten! i can't go through that again, jungkook. not with you." he said softly, tears still rolling down.

jungkook felt bad now for yelling at him, so he got up and walked to him before he stood there and brought taehyung's head up to look at him, "i know you're scared tae, and what he did was a disgusting thing to do. but i'm not him, i wouldn't do that to you. so what if you're older than me? i'm an adult and i know very well what i'm doing. i don't care about our age gap, tae. you're so beautiful and funny and intelligent, and i like you. i really do. i don't care what people have to say, just give me a chance to prove this to you. i wouldn't hurt you like he did, i would never." he said as he wiped the tears from taehyung's eyes who looked at him for a while before nodding and burying his head in jungkook's chest. "i can give us a chance jungkook, just please don't hurt me."

jungkook smiled widely as he heard that, "i won't tae, i promise i won't."