Chapter 6

the bell of the pastry shop dinged signalising that someone has come in. jungkook looked up and saw his father walking in, "hey dad, i'd love to be a good employee and serve you but we're closed."

his father chuckled, "i know, i'm here to pick you up. i've missed going on walks with you." jungkook smiled before seeing taehyung walk to them.

"hey, tae. this is my dad." jungkook introduced, "dad, this is my boss." he chuckled because he found that so funny.

"nice to meet you. i'm namjoon, jungkook's father." namjoon shook the other's hand, "nice to meet you too, i'm taehyung." they exchanged smiles.
"i heard a lot about you." namjoon admitted, "thank you for giving jungkook a chance to work."
taehyung looked at jungkook and grinned, "it's no problem, jungkook is a hard working person and i'm glad he's working with me."

"well it was nice to finally meet you, taehyung." namjoon smiled, "i'll wait for you outside jungkook, yeah?" jungkook nodded before seeing his father walk out.

"your dad is really sweet." taehyung commented. "he is." jungkook replied, "i'll see you tomorrow?" taehyung nodded and smiled when jungkook pinched his cheek.

the father and son's walk was peaceful and let me say, full of taehyung talk because jungkook couldn't stop himself from bringing the older up. "do you like him or something?" namjoon asked his son.

"what?" jungkook asked back, surprised by his dad's sudden question. "be careful jungkook, that man is definitely much older you."

"i don't think it matters." he murmured before entering their apartment.

the next day, taehyung didn't come to work. he texted jungkook asking him to open the shop instead. jungkook spent the whole day worrying about him, until it was time to close.

20 minutes later he found himself standing in front of the other's building. he remembered taehyung saying how living on the first floor was the easiest so he went up there and hoped he knocked on the right door.

he looked up once he heard the door open, to see taehyung in a hoodie and shorts with bed head looking tired. "what are you doing here?" taehyung asked before coughing.

"i was worried about you. you look sick." jungkook answered before stepping in once taehyung asked him to.

"you didn't have to come here jungkook, i'm fine." he said before a wave of coughs hit him again. "yeah, very." jungkook raised his hand to check the other's fever, "you're burning up tae. let me take care of you."

taehyung resisted jungkook's help until he felt himself getting picked up and layed down on the sofa. "i'll make you some soup. i know one that tastes really good, you'll love it." he said before he felt like he's making the older uncomfortable, so he asked, "is that okay?"

taehyung nodded at him and smiled, "thank you." jungkook returned his smile and went to the kitchen to prepare the soup he promised.

twenty minutes later he came back to the living room and sat the tray on taehyung's lap, "sit up, i'll feed you."
"you don't have to, i'm not a baby." taehyung replied but jungkook hushed him, "i'm feeding you. open up." taehyung rolled his eyes but opened his mouth anyway so jungkook can feed him.

after a few hours, jungkook was sat on the floor next to taehyung who was sleeping. jungkook slowly leaned in to kiss the other's forehead, "i know you won't give me a chance because you're scared, but i hope you know that i wouldn't mess up or leave if you do. i really like you but you don't seem to realise that or accept it."

taehyung opened his eyes after hearing that and looked at jungkook, "i'm sorry." jungkook was surprised to see the other awake but shook his head, "don't be. we'll talk about it when you're feeling better, go to sleep now." jungkook smiled and caressed taehyung's cheek.

taehyung nodded and closed his eyes again. jungkook texted his father that he'll be staying at a friend's house for the night because he didn't want to leave tae alone. so he spent the night on the floor sitting next to the sofa to make sure taehyung is okay.