Chapter 17

that day, jimin went back home after saying goodbye to taehyung and jungkook, the latter being so happy about the other leaving.

three days later, taehyung sat on jungkook's lap with his hands circled around his neck. "taehyung baby, we can't close the shop at anytime, we need to work."

taehyung pouted and shook his head, "no, it's your birthday! there's no way i'm letting you work today. and i wanna spend the day with you, so shut up and enjoy the gift i'm offering."

jungkook chuckled, "you're so stubborn." taehyung nodded, "and cute." he added which had jungkook laughing a little, "definitely cute."

"so what do you usually do on your birthday?" taehyung asked and jungkook shrugged, "i don't do much. though every year i go out with my dad for dinner. it's the best part of my day." jungkook smiled and taehyung couldn't help but smile back.

"then i have you all day for myself before you have to go with your dad." taehyung clapped his hands cutely as jungkook pushed taehyung's hair back so he can look at him better.

"are you saying you don't wanna have dinner with us?" jungkook pouted but taehyung was quick to kiss it away, "as much as i'd love to spend every second of today with you, it's you and your father's thing, i don't wanna intrude on that."

"intrude my ass tae. i'd be having dinner with the people i love most, what more could i possibly ask for?"
taehyung looked hesitant, "are you sure? what if your dad doesn't want me there?"
"he doesn't mind. we're over that baby."
taehyung nodded and mumbled an 'okay' before kissing jungkook's lips repeatedly.

after a while, taehyung pulled away, "aren't you excited to see my gift?" he asked jungkook whose eyes widened a little, "you got me a gift?" he asked and taehyung nodded, "i've never received a gift from anyone other than my dad. but you really didn't have to petal."

"of course i didn't have to. i wanted to. you're my baby, if i didn't give you a gift, who else would i give hmm?" taehyung said before standing up and pulling jungkook with him, "cmon now, let's go."

"close your eyes." taehyung ordered and jungkook complied. "well i'm not gonna lie, i'm not very good with presents so i'm not sure if you'll like it. but i hope you do and won't find it creepy or anything." taehyung chuckled nervously. "don't worry too much baby, i'd love anything from you."

taehyung stood in front of jungkook with a hoodie in his hands, "open your eyes."
jungkook did and smiled when he saw what taehyung got him, "i noticed how you like really oversized hoodies so i thought you'd like it." taehyung said before he felt jungkook hug him, "i love it baby, thank you."

taehyung pulled away, "but that's not all. though i'm really not sure about the other one." jungkook looked at him, "there's more? you really didn't have to tae, one thing would've been enough for me."

"but i wanted to." taehyung argued, "but now you're making me more nervous about it." he pouted and jungkook chuckled a little at his cuteness, "okay, okay, i'm sorry. show me."

"i'm not sure though. what if you find it too much?" taehyung asked seriously, "as long as you're not planning on topping me, i'm okay." jungkook joked and taehyung hit his chest. "shut up and close your eyes." jungkook laughed but did as he was told anyway.

taehyung got a medium sized box from his drawer before asking jungkook to open his eyes, which he did. "what's this?" he asked. "open it." taehyung said as jungkook opened it and smiled softly as soon as he saw what's inside. "baby," jungkook started but taehyung cut him off, "now you can come here whenever you want and stay over without feeling like you're bothering me or anything, because i know you think you do sometimes. you can consider this place yours too and not ask me every time you want to come if it's okay with me."

inside the box was a little key, taehyung's apartment key, attached to a little keychain that had a guitar engraved on it.
"this is so beautiful baby, thank you so much." jungkook hugged taehyung again, "do you really like it?" taehyung asked and jungkook nodded quickly, "especially the guitar thing."

"we kinda met because of this guitar, i just thought it had to be there." taehyung said as jungkook pulled away to kiss him. "i love you so much."

"i love you so much too. happy birthday baby." taehyung said as he kissed back.
"now there's more." taehyung said again after pulling away, "you're kidding right?"
but taehyung shook his head as he went and grabbed his guitar.

jungkook smiled once he got the idea of what taehyung meant, and sat on the bed next to taehyung who started singing the same song he sang when he first met jungkook.

after the song was over, taehyung put the guitar away and threw himself at jungkook, "now the last thing i'll give you today is this." he said as he pointed at himself before winking at jungkook who chuckled then started kissing taehyung's neck and marking it, "i love you." that was the last thing said before the two were all over each other, sweaty and a panting mess.

————————
thank you so much to everyone reading this and sending me cute things about it, i love you🥺💜