Chapter 24

jungkook opened the door to taehyung's apartment and walked in to see taehyung sitting on the couch looking at the tv screen in front of him. "oh thank god you're awake." he said and taehyung immediately looked at him when he heard his voice.

taehyung stood on his feet and ran towards the younger to hug him, "you asshole, where were you all day?" jungkook could tell taehyung had been crying from the sound of his voice.

"i'm sorry petal, i'm here, don't cry." jungkook soothed him but the other shook his head, "you texted me saying you can't come to work today without any explanation and i don't hear from you all day, and when i go to your place you're not there! do you have any idea how worried i was? you asshole!" taehyung said as he hit the younger's chest repeatedly.

jungkook took hold of the older's fists and brought him in for a hug, "i'm sorry baby i was busy all day, though i know i should've texted you i'm sorry. i was helping my dad with something." jungkook apologised and taehyung nodded, "is everything okay?" he asked.

"my dad's getting married." jungkook told taehyung who gasped, "what?"
the younger nodded, "i'll tell you everything, let's sit down first."

taehyung walked them to the couch and settled between the younger's legs once he was sat down, "i'm listening." he said and jungkook started explaining.

"okay so my dad met this woman about nine months ago, i didn't know they were serious but i guess they are. he said they're in love and all and there's no much  time to waste for them so they decided it was time to take the next step. i was helping move her things to our place."

taehyung nodded once he heard it all, "so she'll live with you?"
"i told my dad our apartment is small and it wouldn't be a good choice but he said hers is just as small, so i guess we'll just live with that for now." jungkook replied and the older looked at him without saying anything.

"what?" jungkook asked after a minute of silence. "nothing." taehyung replied and looked away immediately, his thinking face on full display.
"i know that look baby, what're you thinking?" jungkook insisted but taehyung shook his head, "what if you said no?"

"so if you don't say anything i wouldn't be able to say no, right?" taehyung nodded. "cmon baby you need to tell me." jungkook pouted and taehyung knew he couldn't resist.

"fine, but you don't interrupt me. at all." taehyung warned jungkook who nodded for him to continue.
"your apartment is really small and it wouldn't fit three people but, i have spa-"

jungkook cut him off, "no baby."
"what happened to not interrupting me? shut up and listen." taehyung pouted before he continued, "i have enough space here for the two of us, and you spend most of your time here so it wouldn't be too different. also i really miss you when you go and i hate being alone, so please think about it before saying no."

jungkook didn't say anything and just stared at him so he quickly added, "i'm not pressuring you or anything, so don't think i am."

jungkook smiled before answering, "i wouldn't like it if i lived in an apartment you pay for its rent, i'd feel like i'm taking advantage of you and i don't want that."
taehyung shook his head, "no it's really no big deal, i'll pay with or without you, so-"

he got cut off again, "the only way i'll agree to this is if you let me pay with you." jungkook insisted.
"jungkook, my money is your money. don't be like that, we share everything remember?"

"i'm starting to think you don't want me to move in." jungkook said and taehyung gave in, "fine you stubborn ass, whatever you say, just don't leave me alone again."

the latter got squished in a tight hug soon after, "i'll squish you like this every morning and night when i move in."
"i'd love nothing more than that." taehyung cheered and clapped his hands cutely once the younger let go of him, "now i'm too excited!! yay!!"

———————
vote for taekook living together 🤠