Chapter 22

the next morning, jungkook and taehyung were standing in front of the latter's parents saying their goodbyes.

taehyung's mum hugged her son before moving to jungkook, "at first i thought you weren't right for him, but now that i see the way you look at him, i know you're perfect for my son. please take care of him there, my baby doesn't know anyone else." she told jungkook who smiled and hugged her before pulling away again to speak.

"don't worry, i won't ever let anything bad happen to him. also he's kinda my baby too." he mumbled the last part and she laughed at that, "not until you're married, he isn't."

taehyung walked in between the two, "okay you two, it's getting late. we need to go and catch the train before it leaves." he said, and with that, the two were on their way to the train station going back home.

in two hours, they were on their train, jungkook leaning his head on the headrest with his eyes closed, before a young man approached them. "hi." the stranger said while smiling at taehyung, "taehyung, right?"

taehyung sat up straight and smiled back awkwardly, "hey, yeah." he replied and the man smiled wider, "are you going to seoul too? maybe we can arrange a meeting like last time." he asked which had jungkook's eyes opening to look at the guy.

taehyung looked at jungkook before looking back at the man, "uh i don't think that's a good idea. this is my boyfriend, jungkook, by the way." he pointed awkwardly at jungkook who raised an eyebrow at the both of them.

"oh, oh i'm sorry i didn't know. i'm sorry again. it was nice to meet you jungkook, and nice to see you again taehyung. i'll get going now then." the man said quickly before turning his head and walking away.

jungkook looked at taehyung, "who was that?" he asked. "just a guy i met before i moved to seoul." jungkook raised his brow again and taehyung hated keeping things from him, "okay fine he was a one nightstand guy, it's really no big deal." he said nonchalantly trying to make it sound as casual as possible.

jungkook looked at him but didn't say anything, he then laid his head back again like before and stayed silent for the rest of the ride.

when the two arrived back in seoul, jungkook walked taehyung home silently until they stood in front of the older's door. "you've been awfully quiet this whole time, what's wrong?"

jungkook shook his head before answering, "it's nothing, i'll get going now." he turned back to walk away before he felt himself being pushed back and taehyung stood in front of him again.

"you haven't said a word since we met that guy, what happened?" taehyung raised his voice a little, kinda upset with jungkook giving him the silent treatment.

jungkook scoffed, "uh i don't know! maybe because i hate thinking about you with someone else? maybe because i didn't like meeting the last guy you slept with before me?" jungkook was mad but tried keeping his voice down.

"as if you didn't sleep with anyone before me jungkook." taehyung snapped back but shut his mouth quickly at the younger's reply. "yeah, i didn't." jungkook said while looking down.

taehyung was shocked to say the least, "w-what? i was your f-first? why didn't you tell me?"
"because that would've given you one more reason to look at me as a kid."
taehyung couldn't help but bring the other into a hug, which made his tears finally stream down his face.

taehyung pulled away again to wipe jungkook's tears away, "i'm sorry i made you feel like you're just a kid all the time. but i know that you're not, you're way more than that. you're the love of my life jungkook, and nothing could change that. i'll admit i slept with other people before, but it's all in the past now, i didn't even know you back then. but ever since the day i met you, i've been about you, only you. i haven't seen anyone else. and i'm sorry i didn't know it was your first time that day. it should've been special but i guess i ruined it and made it about me by being embarrassed and all, i'm sorry." taehyung said as he rested his forehead against the other's.

"you didn't ruin anything, nothing could've made it special more than it being with you. so i don't want you to apologise, okay? i'm sorry i started all this but it's just that, i can't imagine you being with someone else, away from me."

taehyung smiled, "you shouldn't be apologising either, i guess i would've been jealous if that happened with you too."
jungkook scoffed playfully, "i'm not jealous."

taehyung giggled at that, "sure you aren't. i love you."
"i love you too fairy." jungkook replied before kissing taehyung who gladly kissed him back.