twenty four. [m.g.c]

twenty four [m.g.c]

8 days until Sydney concert

__________________________

This was probably the best decision I had made in days, to be able to get away, find a nice hotel and just chill on my own and think.

I began to finish writing my song about Casey;

"Let's forget the past
I swear we'll make this last
'Cause I remember the taste of your skin tonight
And the way that you looked, you had those eyes
I remember the way it felt inside
And the name of the songs that made you cry
You would scream, we would fight, you would call me crazy
I would laugh, you were mad but you'd always kiss me
And the shirt that I had that you always borrowed
When I woke, it was gone
There was no tomorrow"

I finished the second verse following it with repeats of choruses, pre-choruses and ad-libs to perfect it. I noted down the chords used and extra little notes ready to show the boys.

This one song sparked so many ideas for songs and I want to write so many more, all about Casey. I began writing a few lyrics down but nothing was sticking. I decided to give up and write a second song on tour. Being away from her, and not being close, felling almost like strangers made me think it would be an appropriate situation to write a song. I missed being at home but this little retreat was an amazing way for me to clear my thoughts.

I decided to pull on my jacket, grab my car keys and venture into town. I turned up the radio, hearing the end of Good Girls being played, I internally smiled.

"5 Seconds of summer there with their new single Good Girls. Speaking of the Aussie boys a certain member has been seen spending a lot of time with a fan from Sydney. Michael, guitarist, has been posting a lot of photos with this girl who has seemed to be quite internet famous on the twitter-sphere. She's part of a know group in the fan base called The Sqwad. The question is, how did these two meet, and how did they become so close? We're dying to know"

I scoffed at the radio, I couldn't even make friends with someone without the whole of the world knowing. I shut the radio off pulling into a nearby parking space. I saw a small cafe over the road and decided to walk in, as I walked in there way no commotion, no turning heads, I was just a regular guy getting a coffee. I sat myself down at the stools on the main counter, taking off my leather jacket and drowning the stool with it.

"What can I get you" a young guy asked me from behind the counter.

"Whatever coffee you have to mend a heart" I said without thinking. "Shit sorry that was probably the gayest thing youve ever heard" I laughed it off.

"It's okay I know how you feel, I've got something that'll be just right for you" he smiled walking away to make a hot drink.

After a few minutes he came back, a white cup in hand and he set it in front of me.

"Cinnamon toffee latte" he said. "Warms your heart. Having a rough time with someone?"

I nodded, "life's pretty hectic"

"Can't be easy, always being in the public eye" he laughed.

I looked up, "oh I thought for a minute you didn't know me"

"Yeah I know you, don't worry I'm not going to scream like a girl" he laughed "I like your band is all"

"Cheers mate" I smiled as I took a sip "this is amazing I'm not going to lie"

"I know right. So what brings you over here?" He asked as he stuck a muffin in the microwave.

"Emotional re-treat" I laughed "just needed a breath of fresh air to clear my head"

"If you want my advice, I don't know what's gone on but hear me out." The guy said, placing the muffin in front of me. "If it's real love, fight for it." He smiled at me, pushing the plate further towards me, "it's on the house, the owner loves you, she'd freak out if she saw you"

"Thank you, you've been so nice to me" I smiled "what's your name?"

"Funnily enough it's Michael" he laughed.

"Well Michael, here" I pulled out a $10 note and a piece of paper and a pen, "take this as a tip, write down your number, I'll see that you get some tickets for the show, plus I'd love to catch up when I'm around"

"Sure no worries thank you Michael" he smiled writing down his number, I took the paper and drank the rest of the coffee picking up the muffin and taking it with me.

"Thanks for the coffee I'll see you around" I smiled and waved as I exited the cafe.