epilogue. [m.g.c]

"I don't want to dress smart" I sighed

"It's out first live TV interview Michael, we need to make an effort" Ashton said as he fixed my tie into the perfect position. "I know things have been shitty recently but yo-"

"You don't know what it's like Ashton, and don't even say 'I told you so' cause I'll punch you where you stand" I warned.

"Pull it together before we go on okay" he sighed and walked off.

This was so fucking stupid, I was in no frame of mind to do an interview, let alone a live one.

"Mate come on we are on in five" Calum called waving me over in his direction, I sighed and made my way over to the leather sofas on the set of the show, the make up artists touching up the interviewers face.

"When the cameras come on you will be counted in, after the introduction the questions will start, the floor is open for any of you to answer unless a question is direct to one person, they must answer it themselves" a guy told us, the boys smiled and nodded their heads.

"In five, four, three, two..." We heard.

"Hello, welcome to Good Morning Australia, I'm here with the all famous 5 Seconds of Summer, so guys how have the past few months been for you in a business sense," the interviewer asked

"Well it's been insane, everything has blown up for us recently and it's been amazing to be a part of something so special!" Ashton took the floor.

"It looks like you're going up in the world guys, plus you're going on tour tonight in Sydney how exciting is that?"

"Honestly it's so exciting, we're going to have a new tour manager, a new sound engineer everything, this ones going to be amazing." Calum beamed.

"So like there's rumours of new music floating around is this true"

"Well we cannot confirm or deny that but all I'm saying is there's always a possibility for new music" Luke smiled.

"Speaking about rumours Michael"

Oh shit.

"There's been so much on Social Media about a girl called Casey"

It had been the first time is heard her name in about a week, automatically my eyes started to brim with tears.

"I-Id rather not talk about it" I said attempting to crack a smile for the cameras.

"No no, let's talk about it" the interviewer pressed on. "Sources say that you were catfishing her and her friends out of spite"

I was getting angrier, "that's not what happened at all!" I tried not to sound too bitter whilst talking.

"But you used her, you abused the friendship you had built with her over this catfishing character, no?"

I couldn't hold it in anymore. My hands balled up and the tears began to spill, I rubbed my eyes but they wouldn't stop.

"Michael, don't say anything" calum whispered.

"He has to, the rules remember" Luke whispered.

"You want to know the truth?" I spoke trying to calm the tears. The interviewer nodded, I breathed out readying myself for this.

"That girl, Casey Martin. I loved her, god I loved her with all of my heart, there's no other way to describe it. And yeah you could say I was catfishing her but it was not out of spite or anger or anything negative. Do you know how hard it is to get someone to love you for you when you're famous, to have someone care about you and your feelings not your money or your car. To have an innocent love and not have it exploited like you are now to me. Yeah I messed up when things were happening with us, she messed up as well and we got over it. But this, this mess that I'm in now, granted it is my fault but I had to tell her, I know she hates me and would probably have seen this on TV and turned it straight over but I did it because I was madly in love with that girl, there is no other way to describe how I felt towards her."
I took a breath and knocked my tone down a bit, still crying, still angry.

"That girl, shit that girl was my best friend, the girl I loved. I may have fucked things up for me and her, but don't you dare sit there and tell me that it was done out of spite, anger or just for a laugh. That girl was my everything, and I fucking loved her." I stood up. "There, that's your truth. I'm in love with Casey Martin and I always will be"

And I walked off of the set of the show, through the backstage area to the bus out the back. I saw so May fans screaming my name but they saw how upset I was and backed off, I just heard a few voices saying "I love you Michael" and I just longed it to be her voice.

But it wouldn't be.

__________________________

A/N: so guys this is it! This was actually the first chapter of this book I ever wrote. I'm sad to have finished this book but I have started my ideas for the sequel which is going to be a lot longer but I hope you guys keep with me and read the sequel because I'm excited for it and I'm so happy you guys have liked this book, I love you all.

And I just want to say if any of you want to nessage me on here I will definitely reply as soon as I can :)