Chapter 1

•°•

Ive always thought that I had seen too less of life to become an art director, I mean sure im 26 but that doesn’t mean anything right? My idea of an art director or an artistic person seems cloudy, I mean van gogh cut his ear before producing a masterpiece like the starry night. My life compared to his? A fresh slice of bread, which I guess van gogh would’ve begged for.

I got into the best design school, and I had thought that it would change the heck out of my life at eighteen, I went ahead and did more of schooling and education to please my parents and also sort of compensate for the lack of self esteem and love in my life. I mean if I had a found a decent man in my 4 years  college I would’ve probably hitched down and settled to explore the world with my perfect soulmate. But life has other plans for me I suppose.

Now at the tender age of 26, im an art director at behrouz studios, supposedly the best film atmosphere y9ou can get to learn and experiment more.  I mean I love what I do, and the salary? Its what I dreamt about. But when half the people at work hate you ( dislike I guess , hate is too much of a strong word) it does seem kinda depressing after a while.

I stop writing on the laptop and take a deep breath, the site told me writing about myself and my feelings would make me feel better but its actually doing the opposite. I sip the coffee out of my LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A UNICORN cup that my mom gifted me and try to get my mind back on the character mood boards in front of me.

What does sunshine remind me of? Who does it remind me off?

My deep thoughts are startled and maybe I look visibly shaken because when viki looks at me from the end of the table with two starbucks in her hand, she tilts her head and asks me in a very strange voice, “Lost in japan, darling?”

I scoff with incredulity clear as day in my voice, “Please don’t do the darling thing it doesn’t suit you, you're just not posh enough.” I finish with my little pinkie out as I imitate how the royals drink tea.

Viki tries to look offended ( keyword: tries) she's not the best actress on this set. she fluffs around the room and tries to come up with a witty comeback, but fails as usual.

Placing my hand under my chin, I wait for 2 minutes and 3 seconds before I say in a very bad british royal accent, “Let it be darling, you're just not witty enough for a comeback.”

At that hideous rendition of what we just might call everyday british accents with sara and viki . We start giggling like the schoolgirls that we are.

After kind of calming down from my hyaena like laughing, I clear my throat and ask,

"What's up? Why are you here now? I thought you were going home early."

Viki replies, keeping the vanilla milkshake on the table,

“Khan called in a production meeting. I'm surprised you don’t know about this, it's on the WhatsApp group.”

“Oh I don’t know, I haven’t checked my phone since, like two hours. What's this meeting about now? Didn’t we have one yesterday?” I ask tiredly, rubbing my eyes.

I've been in the studio since 9 in the morning, I don’t even know what time it is now. I just want to go home, its been a hard day as it is.

“Khan didn’t say much on the group, just said it's important and to be present.”

Typical Khan. I collect my files from the table and keep it in a not so haphazard way. I stand up and stretch my neck muscles, “When is it?”

“uh, like in 10 minutes,”