Chapter 6

•°•

I've always wanted to wear a ball gown dress, pink with white gloves, all frilly and flowy like the wind, and run in a hallway of an abandoned castle.

Or stand at the edge of the balcony of my castle and look over the nature in all its glory, with a gloomy expression on my face, burrowing in sadness in the pit of my emotions about the death of husband, and the fact that I've been widowed.

I know its too far fetched and stupid. But I have these urges sometimes that I just can't shake. Sometimes I look at a couple in the mall, and I start imagining the part where I'm the  hot side bitch, with hot red hair and bougie clothes.

Whereas in reality, I've always been the third wheel. Like in a rickshaw.

When all these urges calm down, and I'm back in my original head space, I think that even an airport kiss will suffice.

But now, when I'm at the airport, with air tickets, photo ID, and the boarding pass in my hands with the presence of someone very irritating beside me, all I can think about is getting out of his space quickly. But I don’t think that'll happen soon, not for three weeks , at least.

Vihaan has been shaking his knee, like a toddler who just can't get his candy soon enough, since fifteen minutes now. I've tried to not say anything, but I lose my temper and snap at him,

“Quit it, will you?”

He stops for a second, looks at me blankly and then continues shaking his knee, at twice the pace,

“No.”

“You're such an ass, its not even funny anymore.” I snap at him, I'm very irritated today.

I woke up fifteen minutes before my alarm, but somehow still ended up late at the airport, where I found Vihaan with both his hands on his waist, ready to punch someone.
The view was comical, so I just grinned at him and walked past him to the entrance of the airport.

Now we're both sitting and waiting, our flight is late by an hour, I don’t know how we'll pass the time till then. At least in the flight, we could to watch a movie or something, here we can't even do that.

And lastly, I'm so stupid that I put my earphones in my bag, deep inside, so that they could be safe.

Stupid bitch.

He scoffs at my reply, and doesn’t say anything. I peer through my pheripheral vision to see what he is doing, when my eyes catch something else entirely.

Churros! Hot chocolate and churros! HOT CHOCOLATE AND CHURROS!

My mouth starts salivating at the prospect of having churros right in my mouth. My imagination is so well put that I'm out of my seat in a second, which makes Vihaan look up almost instantly,

“Where are you off to?”

I point my hand towards the store, my excitement almost kid like, (don’t blame me I haven’t had churros in a year) and I almost forget that he hates me, that he wont care. Before the embarrassment can kick in, (after I allegedly lit up like a Chritmas tree in front of him) his face turns towards the churro place, and he lits up too. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

He stands up, and we both walk towards the place. I still can't believe this, to be honest and I think its catching up to him too, because I can see him getting stiffer by the minute.

Reaching the store, we go towards the orders counter, and I say,

“Hi, can I please get some churros and a hot chocolate, thankyou.”