Chapter 11

•°•

Its pretty serene inside the car, we have goofy smiles on our faces. I have placed the dented pepper spray can on the dashboard and I look at it every once in while, chuckling to myself.

The knife is safely kept inside my bag but not before Vihaan asks a complete stupid question,

“Have you hit anyone with that before?”

“I think the technical term is stab.”

He rolls his eyes, “Yeah, yeah. But have you?”

“Not really, but I keep this with me everyday, for self defense.”

He nods, solemnly might I add. I guess he gets the danger of being a woman.

We don’t speak for a while, but its not an uncomfortable silence. The sun is up in the sky, the sun rays create a beautiful blanket of shadows across the ground. The colours look beautiful, the dark against the muddy yellow.

I take my phone out and capture some clicks, and put it as my instagram story. I think about tagging Vihaan in the story, but should i? I mean we don’t even follow each other, so tagging him would be awkward as fuck. I drop the idea as soon as it comes.

I clear my throat, “How long?”

Vihaan looks at me, confused at first and then a look of realisation on his face, “Oh, uh, about fifteen minutes.”

I nod, and look outside the window, different trees and houses pass by us in an instant reverie, it feels like the scene from the movie when a person has just died and is reliving all his life moments in front of his life.

We turn right towards a large property with an vintage aesthetic, its no where close to the last one, but it has its own charm, and I love it.

We get out of the car, and take our bags out of the trunk. Vihaan gives the keys to the valet and we head towards the reception. Theres a woman at the counter who greets us, “Hello, sir and madam. How may I help you today?”

I lean with my hands pressed on the counter, while vihaan answers, “We have two rooms booked in our name. Vihaan Mukherjee and Sara kashyap?”

She nods and types in her computer. After a minute she looks up from the computer in confusion, “I'm sorry sir. But there is only one room to your name.”

I look up from the weird lines I had been ogling on the granite countertop, and stutter,

“excuse me?!”

Vihaan simultaneously says,

“what the hell???”

She looks between both of us, a scared look on her face. I don’t blame her, I feel like ripping someone's throat. Admittedly, I've always wanted the ‘there is only one room in the hotel’ fanfiction trope to happen to me. But I never wanted it to happen now! With him of all people!

“I'm sorry, the reservation was made for only one room, I would’ve allotted you both another one but sadly all the other rooms are booked due to a wedding.”

I am groaning in my mind, my whole body is filled with worried emojis, and worst of all I feel like killing myself.  Fuck my life, this is not good for my mental health.

Vihaan sighs and shrugs at me with a resigned expression, I pout sadly, looking at the ring on my finger.

The receptionist reassures us with a hopeful expression on her face,

“But the room does have two beds!”

I feel my body melting like an ice-cream on a hot summer day, my shoulders sagging in relief,

“Oh thank God!” My voice sounds so relaxed as compared to before that both of them look at me in quizzical expression; her with a shocked one and vihaan with his eyebrows raised.

“What?” I say in a soft voice, vihaan shakes his head,

“Can we just get the key, please?” he says this with a given up voice, but there's a hint of smile on his face.

I sigh, at least I won't be stuck with a grumpy Vihaan.

We enter our room, our luggage already kept towards the corner of the room. I swing myself on the the bed towards the balcony, letting out a loud sigh,

“This ones mine.”

He also jumps on the bed, and lets out a laugh,

“No no, I want that one, let's fight for it.” I guess it is sarcasm, but I'm still bitter about the morning, so I say,

“Let's do it.”

I look at him with a challenging look in my eyes.
He takes his face off of his pillow and looks at me with an incredulous expression,

“Shut up, you can't take me,”

“Did you forget that I'm a black belt and that I also have a knife?”

He stays silent for a second, and then,

“I'll be shutting up now.”

----------------

cute fluff xx