Chapter 2

•°•

Why couldn’t it have been viki? Why him?! Why him out of all the people?

I look around Khan's cabin, looking for an escape out of this situation. But I couldn’t think of any other end to this hell other than me getting fired. And I wouldn’t let this prick go on this vacation/scouting alone, my ego is too big to let go of this opportunity.

Vihaan is sitting next to me on the chair before Khan's table, his hand covering his face. He looks resigned, I've never seen him like that. But I've actually just looked at him 7 times, so I might be wrong.

My thoughts are cut off when he sighs loudly and looks at me with that exact expression and says in a marginally lower voice,

“Please don’t act like this in front of Khan,”

My eyebrows scrunch up in confusion and I ask him, “Like what?”

He rolls his eyes and sighs again, my expression gets more irritated at his actions, he continues, “Like a toddler who didn’t get her favourite flavour of ice cream.”

I huff in frustration and whisper, “ I did not get my favourite flavour of ice cream.”

He tries to ask me what I whispered about, but then Khan enters her cabin, making us both look like two kids who just got caught cheating  in an exam. Khan looks at us weirdly, and I try to diffuse the situation by clearing my throat and asking, “What did you want to discuss about?”

She keeps her files on the table and sits on her royal red fur chair. Switching on her laptop, she takes her glasses off of her face and says,

“Oh, I just wanted to discuss about the scouting with you both, you know? Tell you everything that is to know and also, uh.., kinda have a talk with you about your uh..,bad blood.”

Vihaan almost spit his coffee, while on the other hand, I nervously laugh out and ask in a not so suspicious tone,

“Bad blood? Theres no bad blood between us, is there Vihaan?”

Vihaan looks at me with a smile that’s so fake he almost looks plastic,

“No bad blood at all, Khan, where did you even get the idea from?”

Khan looks at us and doesn’t blink for a whole minute. I think she's hoping for us to say that we actually do have bad blood of some sort. But I'm not gonna give her that satisfaction. Nuh uh.

She sighs, I hear her whisper to herself about how bad liars we were. Vihaan and I still have our fake smiles on our faces. This makes me realise the fact as to why I'm not an actress but an art director here.

Khan ignores our faces and goes on, “I've just called you both here to give you detailed information about the the trip and what all you're supposed to get done in these three weeks. From the reviews of the places to the shooting and photography, I want you both to do this diligently. Got me?”

Vihaan and I both nod to her question, I keep my eyes downward to the vanilla milkshake starbucks I still have in my hand. I still cant believe I'm going to spend three weeks with this moron. I hope he wont make me cry or something. I'd have to call khan and tell her to fire the Assistant director.

Vihaan flicks me on the elbow , I turn to glare at him with the intensity of a thousand cats. He rolls his eyes but then I notice khan looking at me expectantly, I guess she asked me something, and I guess I missed it, again.

Khan repeats, “What do you think sara? Will you be willing to the photography and the review writing?”

I nod with a smile on my face and say,