Chapter 10

•°•

After saying goodbyes with Arjun (swoooon), I collect my bags from the table and head out towards the reception to give back my key.

As our rooms were already paid for, I just had to pay for the room service that I had ordered.

I walk to the driveway, where our driver must be waiting to take us to Jodhpur, the city of blue. It was almost 300 kilometres from here, about six hours of travel by car. For some, that would be torturous, but for me its close to heaven. Earphones in, scenic views from the window and the peace that comes with it, euphoric.

But to my surprise and utter distaste, I find Vihaan leaning against our car, with keys in his hand, and no sight of our driver.

Um?????????

He still has the same expression that he had in the restaurant, I thought he would cool down by now, but I guess Arjun's body was just too good, and he's just too jealous.

“Finally. How long were you going to waste time with that jackass over there?” he mutters angrily, placing sunglasses over his head.

I roll my eyes, ignoring his question, “Quit being jealous will you? I swear, you can't ever be pleasant!”

His eyes narrow in slits, “I'm not jealous! Why the fuck would I be jealous, have you lost your mind?” His voice has elevated one octave and that does not settle well with me. My horns are out, I am not afraid, I am the fire queen.

“First of all, do not and I repeat, do not ever yell at me. You run around pretending to be such a gentleman back at the studio, but you're so not what you sell! You're this mixture of angsty angry teenager that only comes out when you're around me, God knows why! But I guess that’s better than your fake persona.”

His face is bubbling like the lava at the top of a volcano , he leans forward, probably to fire back at me. but before he could even utter a word, the watchman comes towards and asks,

“Is there a problem madam? Is this man troubling you? Just say the word, we will the security right away.”

I look over the watchman's shoulder, four people have gathered around a corner, watching us. Shit.

I look at him, and smile reassuringly,

“No no, nothing's wrong. It was just an argument, right Vihaan?” I turn towards him, he nods back at the watchman.

  “Yeah, just an argument. Nothing serious, sir. You don’t need to worry.”

He gives Vihaan a once-over, nodding at him, then looking back at me and smiling. He waves as he goes back towards his post.

I put a plastic smile on my face and turn towards vihaan, “Wheres the driver, you douchebag?”

He smiles back at me mockingly, but I can see anger swimming in his eyes,

“No driver, we have to drive ourselves to Jodhpur.”

“what the fuck.”

He sighs, “Apparently the driver got sick, and the company doesn’t have any other driver that is free to take us, so they rented the car to us.”

“what the fuck!”

“Yeah, yeah, now get In the car already, we're fifteen minutes late.” He grumbles.

I still want to finish our fight from before, but I don’t  feel like fighting anymore, so I decide to drop the subject. He's lucky, because if I were feeling like fighting, he would’ve gotten chewed out.