(SIX)

Jiwoo sat outside the bookstore, already beginning one of her novels as she waited for the cashier whose name she still didn't even know.

"Ready?" A voice distracted her from her book. She looked up and was met with the same bright smile she'd seen earlier. The girl extended a hand to help Jiwoo stand up, which she gratefully took. "Okay, let's go."

They walked slowly and in silence. Fortunately the awkward atmosphere didn't last long since the coffee shop was right next door to the bookstore. They stepped inside, and the taller girl asked Jiwoo what she wanted. She then told Jiwoo to choose a table and wait, that she would order for them both.

Jiwoo sat in a far corner and continued reading as she waited. She looked up when she heard a laugh and saw the girl sit down on the opposite side of the table, setting a drink in front of her.

"I didn't even know you could order lemonade here," she said, "I really thought it was all just coffee."

This wasn't what Jiwoo had planned in her head, so instead of responding with some witty remark or even a 'thank you', she just awkwardly stated, "My name is Jiwoo."

"Sooyoung." The girl – Sooyoung – reached across the table to shake Jiwoo's hand. "It's nice to meet you."