(FIFTEEN)

Sooyoung sat on her bed and nervously tapped her fingers against the cover of her unopened book as she continued worrying about what she had told Jiwoo. Suddenly, her door swung open and the room was flooded with light.

"Hey, Yves," Songhee said, flopping down onto the beanbag in the corner. "Your mom let me in. No clue why she's up so late, but I don't really care."

Sooyoung grimaced. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that? I'm not a little kid anymore, I don't want a nickname."

Songhee ignored the girl, instead opting for telling another new story. "So that girl I always tell you about," she began, "I asked her to meet me tonight—"

"Jesus, can't you give her a break?" Sooyoung snapped, "You already saw her this week."

"You don't know what you're talking about," Songhee sneered. "Last year, she was seeing someone every night. She can handle meeting with me twice in a week. But tonight, she told me to fuck off. I mean, what a bitch, right?"

Sooyoung shifted nervously where she sat, trying to avoid further upsetting her friend. "She might've just had a bad day or something," she reasoned, "You two seem to have... something good going, so I doubt it's personal."

"Whatever." Songhee stood and tied her hair up in a ponytail. "I'm going to her house."