(SEVEN)

Conversation between the pair flowed naturally, albeit choppy. Jiwoo wasn't much of a conversationalist, and she definitely wasn't someone who got to know people just for the fun of it. But she tried her best for Sooyoung.

They discovered that they had similar taste in music, they liked the same restaurants, and both of them had something in the bird family as their favourite animal. Sooyoung mentioned one of her friends, and Jiwoo prayed it wasn't who she thought it was. She listened to Sooyoung's stories about her neighbour who she was close with despite attending different schools, and the more she heard the more she was convinced. It had to be the same Songhee.

Jiwoo tried to push the thought away as she continued to ask Sooyoung more questions and listen carefully to her answers. Once they noticed the sun beginning to set, they decided it was time to go.

"Can I walk you to your car?" Sooyoung asked. "I'm pretty sure that's polite..." she mumbled the last part to herself, thinking hard.

Jiwoo hesitated. She hardly knew the girl. But that had never stopped her before. She sighed and mentally told herself that her mission to rebuild herself could begin tomorrow. "Okay."

They walked leisurely to Jiwoo's car. Sooyoung didn't question the distance, she simply enjoyed the extra time talking with her new friend.

"What do I owe you for the drink?" Jiwoo asked once they got to her car.

Sooyoung chuckled. "You don't need to pay me back. I told you I'd buy you a drink, and I really wanted to. I'm serious."

Jiwoo looked more confused than ever. "Then what do you want?" She asked.

"What?"

Jiwoo huffed and rolled her eyes. "No one does nice things for me without wanting something in return. I'm just asking what your goal was and how I can make it up to you." She said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, and Sooyoung tried to hide her surprise.

"I'm serious," she repeated. "I don't really know what you expect me to say here. I just... wanted to do something nice for you. You seemed sweet."

"No." Jiwoo insisted that Sooyoung wanted something.

The older girl thought for a moment. "Fine, if you insist on doing something to pay me back for the drink..." Jiwoo tensed, preparing for the worst. "Give me your phone number."

Jiwoo looked dumbfounded. "All you want is my phone number?" Sooyoung nodded and held out her phone. Jiwoo smiled as she typed in her number, bouncing around excitedly as she did so. She passed the phone back and hurriedly said goodbye, stepping into her car.

Sooyoung looked down at her phone as the other girl drove away. She'd set the contact name as "Chuu 💖🐧".

Jiwoo had a giddy smile on her face the whole way home.