(FORTY)

"Sooyoung, you looked like you were ready to hit my dad," Jiwoo observed.

Sooyoung scrunched her nose. "I was." She picked Jiwoo up and spun around as Jiwoo wrapped her legs around Sooyoung's waist, still giggling. They stayed like that for a moment, holding each other close.

"But really," Jiwoo whispered, "I want to say thank you. You tried to protect me. I've never had that before."

With a soft smile, Sooyoung replied, "You deserve someone who protects you because you deserve to be safe."

She set Jiwoo on the edge of her desk and leaned in close, waiting for some sort of signal that Jiwoo was okay with this. Jiwoo put a hand behind Sooyoung's neck and pulled her into a kiss. This was a clear enough signal for Sooyoung, and she happily responded to the kiss. She pulled away for a second to catch her breath and ask, "Is it okay if I try something new?" Jiwoo nodded, nervous but excited.

Sooyoung kissed Jiwoo, slower this time, cupping Jiwoo's face in one hand. Gently, she bit Jiwoo's bottom lip and soothed the spot with her tongue, asking for entrance, which Jiwoo gladly allowed.

This was nothing like what Jiwoo had experienced before. She didn't feel like someone was trying to gain control over her, and she didn't feel the need to fight back. It was like she and Sooyoung were simply exploring each other, trying to memorise each and every little detail. Sooyoung's lips were sweet thanks to the strawberry chapstick Jiwoo had given her, and at the memory, Jiwoo smiled into the kiss and pulled Sooyoung closer by her waist.

Jiwoo and Sooyoung allowed themselves to get lost in the feeling. They were both breathless, panting into each other's mouths but unwilling to pull away. They grabbed handfuls of each other's clothing, trying to pull closer.

"Hey, Jiwoo–" the door swung open. Hyunjin stood in the doorway, mouth agape as she walked in on something she hadn't ever intended to see. Jiwoo and Sooyoung pulled away and looked at Hyunjin in a panic. The youngest awkwardly continued, "Dad said Sooyoung brought your shirt back and you left it downstairs. I guess I know why you left it." Her joke was intended to lessen the tension but only made it worse. Hyunjin set the shirt on the floor and walked out without another word, shutting the door behind her.

Sooyoung muttered, "That was..."

"Embarrassing?" Jiwoo finished.

The older girl nodded and chuckled. "I have a quick fix for it, though." She stepped away for a second to lock the door. She approached Jiwoo once again and set her hands on the girl's hips. "Now," she purred, "Where were we?"