CHAPTER NINE

Chapter 9:

KEVIN

Why should I care about her? It's her life and she can do whatever she wants. The only problem was that she was replaced by Simone. Simone and I haven't been on speaking terms since the bar incident.

Throughout today, she had a depressed facial expression. I guess the racist attack was disturbing to her, too. After lecture hours, I walked over to her. As soon as she noticed me, she walked away from me.

It appears that she was avoiding me.

"Juwariya! Hey, Juwariya!" She continued to ignore me and walked as fast as she could. It looked cute because she was limping due to her sprained foot.

I caught up to her and held her arm, pulling her close to me. She pushed me with all her might.

"What do you want from me you racist!?" I was shocked to hear her call me a racist. Am I really racist?

Just because I'm white, doesn't mean I'm racist. I mean I didn't like black people but I don't hate them.

"Juwariya, listen to me. I am not racist. I am sorry for the way I behaved with you." I spoke genuinely.

She looked very shocked and confused. She didn't comment and instead, walked away.

That whole day, I kept thinking about what Juwariya had said to me earlier. I need to speak to her tomorrow.

The next day, I walked into the lecture room and she was already seated. I went over to her and sat next to her.

"Juwariya, look. I'm sorry I have been mean to you. The truth is, I had a rough experience with black people and that's why I vented my anger and hatred on you. I'm so sorry. I realised that I was wrong. Truce?" I said, extending my hand to her.

**********

Thank you so much for reading! I'm so sorry for this short chapter.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for updates.

🦋 Attached above is a Nigerian song I'm feeling right now. It's called: "Vibration" by Fireboy. I'm so in love with the song!!

Enjoy the rest of your day!