CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Chapter 18:

JUWARIYA

It was already 11: 30am and I still wasn't done with the files I was working on. Ms Dalton knocked on my office door and told me it was time for a break.

After finishing my break, it was noon; I finished up all the files I was working on. After I was crossed check the files, I went to Kevin's office or should I say Mr Hart's office to submit the files.

I'm nervous but it's my job. I barged into the office. "Don't you know how to knock, Ms Hassan?" He furrowed his brows, he looked a bit upset.

"I-I'm sorry, Mr Hart!" I replied instantly.

"Well, next time, knock before you come in. What can I do for you?" He asked as he turned to his laptop. After I finished working on an article to be published in the next 3 days, it was already closing time.

I got to my apartment 10 minutes later and I was finally able to check my phone. I got 5 missed calls from my mom 1 from my mom and 1 from Kevin.

Why on earth was Kevin calling me? I freshened up and called my mom back. My mom has been on my back; she keeps bringing issues of marriage up. I mean, I do want to get married, but Allah's time is the best. After I was done convincing my mom, we finally ended the call.

Moments later, my phone rang, it was Kevin calling. Why on earth is he calling me?? I watched as the phone rang but didn't pick up. It stopped ringing after a while.
I didn't want to talk to him.

Soon after, I received a text message.

Hello, Miss Juwariya.
I need you to accompany me to a dinner event tomorrow night by 7:00 pm. I'll have one of my drivers pick you 30 minutes earlier. My professional stylist would pick up a dress and deliver it to you.
Good night

What?? I'm not his PA. Why does he need me to accompany him? I can't go out on the night with a non-mahram. My parents only let me move to New York because it's closer to Philadelphia and my distant relative lives there.

I'll just have to politely refuse him at work tomorrow. Besides, I'm not his PA.

**********

Thanks for reading this chapter, I'm so sorry for the late update. Next update on Friday Insha Allah 😘