CHAPTER ELEVEN

Dedicated to Aadilah____, Thank you for being an amazing and supportive friend. Don't forget to check her story:
"A Hijabi's Unexpected Love." It's one of my faves on Wattpad.

**********

Chapter 11:

KEVIN

After a few days at the hospital, my Dad's condition didn't seem to improve.

James was very supportive and visited me every day after his college classes.

I sat down on the hospital bench one day when the doctors were figuring out a chemo plan.

That's when I spotted Juwariya. As soon as she approached me, I hugged her and poured out my emotions.

"That's it. The only family member I have left is going to leave me. I don't want to lose him..." I said and gripping onto her tightly.

She didn't push me away which I was thankful for. I needed all the support I could get. "Everything's going to be alright. Don't worry. Your dad's going to get better." She said, trying to squeeze herself out of the embrace. However, before she could escape, I gripped onto her tighter.

After a few minutes, I looked at her and thanked her for being supportive. We both sat down and I asked how she found out.

"The whole college heard about it. Somehow." She replied looking concerned. I regretted ever treating her badly.

"I have to go now. I have a work shift so take care." She stood up to leave. I hugged her one last time and thanked her again for coming.

"Oh and if you don't mind, just drop off my notes because I need them."

"Oh, right. I'll do that."

After she had left, my phone rang and to my surprise, it was Simone. I honestly forgot her existence this whole time.

"Hi, babe. I know you've been having a hard time so why not attend a party and get your mind off it?" Simone giggled, not even bothering to ask about my well-being. I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration.

"Maybe you should since your father is clearly dying. We're over." I hung up straight after. I didn't like her anymore. Looks like she isn't who I thought she was.

A nurse came out of my dad's room, telling me that my dad wanted to speak to me. I walked into my dad's hospital room. He laid there helplessly and it broke my heart.

I entered the room hesitantly.

"My son." He called out in a serious tone. "There is something I have to tell you. I have been keeping this away from you. It's about your mom."

**********

Assalamu Alaikum. Thanks for reading this chapter!