CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Chapter 13:

JUWARIYA

The next day at college, nothing special happened. It was still the old and boring routine.

Simone kept giving me weird looks. She looked angry as if she wanted to punch me right in the face.

I didn't know what I had done to upset her, so I just ignored her. After our first lecture was over. Everyone had left the class except me. I was arranging my stuff, preparing for the next class when I felt some push me from the back. I didn't know who it was but I did know was they were strong. Or it was that I was caught off-guard.

I jolted forward, banging my head on the desk. When I turned around, it was Simone and her devilish friends.

"You crazy bi**ch! Stay away from my man." Simone yelled, lunging towards me. That's what I heard some chatters close by.

Fortunately for me, Madina had rushed to call Mr Nadir. Apparently, he was the first person she saw when she ran to call for help.

He immediately reported the girls to the authorities and I was taken to the school clinic to get treated for my head injury. The nurses thought I might have a concussion so I was advised to take it easy and rest.

Once they were done with treating me, I rushed to thank both Madina and Mr Nadir for helping out. I was given a few days off because I needed to rest.

I got home and took some pills prescribed to me and slept off.

********

KEVIN

When I got to the hospital, I remained there for a few hours. I wanted to be sure my dad was alright. Once he fell asleep, I decided to meet up with James. I told him what I just found out from my dad.

James was a good advisor. He advised me to look for my mom so I could hear both sides of the story.

What bothers me the most is that my mother became a Muslim. But for what reason?

"Hey, buddy," James called out, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"You won't believe what happened today at college. Simone attacked Juwariya. She claimed that Juwariya was the reason you guys broke up. Talk about jealousy, huh."

I raged internally once I heard about the event. How dare Simone attack Juwariya? The poor girl was punished for no reason! I had to speak to Simone.

**********

Thank you for reading. Please don't forget to vote and comment.