CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Chapter 17:

JUWARIYA

3 years later...

I have an hour left for my flight to NYC from Nigeria. I couldn't believe how time had flown, I graduated and got a job at Hart's Inc in NYC. I was tired and couldn't sleep on the plane; I'm not the type to sleep on planes.

After 10 hours, we arrived in NYC. I was able to get an apartment In New York; it wasn't fancy, but it was decent-looking. The landlord meet me outside and he handed the apartment keys to me.

After an hour rest, I shopped at Walmart for a few essentials. After shopping, I headed back home, prayed Maghreb and Isha and went to bed. The next morning, I heard the beeping of my phone. It was already morning. I performed wudu and read my salah. After that, I jumped into the shower.

I wore a white v-neck shirt with a black blazer and black palazzo trousers. I paired this with black heels, a black shoulder bag and a black hijab. I admired myself in the mirror and agreed I was picture perfect for my new day.

10 minutes later, I arrived at Hart's Inc. My heart started to beat a little faster. On entering the building, it looked very big and I was impressed with how beautiful it looked. I approached a well dressed blonde woman and introduced myself to her. She directed me to the office of the CEO on the 15th floor.

I got to the office, said Bismillah, took a deep breath and knocked on the door with my shaky hands. "Come in." A familiar voice said. I took a deep breath, opened the door and walked in. The office was extravagant, everything in the office looked very expensive. It was painted in white.

My jaw dropped when I looked up into the eyes of Mr Hart, I realized it was Kevin. "Long time no see." He said with a smirk on his face. I just stood there, numb, and my legs turned to jelly.

"Have a seat, Miss Hassan," he said pointing to the chair in his office. "Welcome to Hart Inc. Congratulations, I hope you will cooperate with us for the betterment of the company. Miss Dalton, the receptionist, will show you to your office."

**********

KEVIN

Almost 3 years of me working as the CEO Of my dad's company. I was going through job applications. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Juwariya's CV. The memories of pain and suffering she had caused me came back flooding. I guess I had never forgotten her.

I'm sure she chose to work here because I'm the CEO. I hired her so I couldn't take my revenge on her, and also because she was qualified for the job. But oh boy is it going to be hard reaching my expectations. She's going to wish she had never met me.

**********

Thank you guys so much for reading and sorry for the late update. Don't forget to vote and comment.