CHAPTER TWENTY

Chapter 20:

JUWARIYA

After delivering his speech, Kevin went to the bar section to have a few drinks. I sat down waiting for him. I didn't realise the time had gone by so quickly. Minutes later, he came back to his seat and placed his hand at the back of my chair whispered in my ears "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"For attending this event with me and for being my date." He winked at me with a grin on his face.

"Y-your date?" He nodded in response. "I thought I was just accompanying you..."

"Juwariya, you see, I can't-" Just as he was about to complete his sentence, a young lady walked over calling his name. Kevin stood up and placed a kiss on her cheeks along with a long hug.

I had a weird feeling that came over me - jealousy. Yes, I was jealous. Throughout their conversation, she was just all over him. Who the hell was this lady? She didn't for one second acknowledge me. She was completely oblivious to me sitting there.

After catching up with her, she walked closer to him and whispered in his ears.

"I missed you," She said.

"I missed you too. I'll give you a call tomorrow." He said. My heart sank after hearing this. He hasn't changed.

"I'd like to leave now," I said, clearing my throat.

"Please stay a little longer," He urged.

"No, it's getting late; I have to get going," I said, standing up from my seat.

"Well, if that's the case, let my driver drop you off.

**********

KEVIN

I watched as she walked out of the event. Did she get jealous of seeing me with Jennifer? I've wanted to make life a living hell for Juwariya, but it's seemed like I still have a soft spot for her.

After the party was over, I went back home, had a shower and went off to bed. The next morning, I had my morning coffee and I was a bit eager to go to work.

After working for about two hours, I had this new article report I wanted Juwariya to work on. I went into her office and she wasn't there. A book titled "The True Path" onto her desk caught my attention. I guess it was about her religion. I took the book to read a little bit of the content. As I was reading, Juwariya walked in.

"Good morning, sir." She said, looking at the book in my hand. "Do you want to borrow that?" She smiled.

"Sure," I cleared my throat. "I want you to work on this article, please." I handed the file over to her.

"Alright, I'll look into it right away." She walked over to her seat. Back in my office, I was contemplating whether to read the book or not. For some strange reason, I wanted to know to the context of it.

**********

Assalamu Alaikum, beautiful people. How's everyone doing? I hope you are all safe and sound.

Firstly, I want to apologise for being a terrible author. I'm sorry for making you wait this long. I went through a major writer's block, but, Alhamdullilah, I'm able to deliver this chapter.
Jazakumullah khairan for being patient with me

A friend of mine, victorious_xoxo, started writing a new book titled "Hooded." Please do check it out; I guarantee you'll love it.

Until next time,
Bilkisu 🌹